Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diverting to voicemail with Eyebeam software

Shofar
Grafter

Diverting to voicemail with Eyebeam software

Hi.  I wonder if anyone can advise?
I am new to the Broadband Phone and have set up my Eyebeam package on my Mac and all is working well.
My question is that when I have an incoming call and want to divert it to voicemail immediately, there isn't a way to do so.  The app has dynamically entered my account into the 'Divert to voicemail' so, of course, the divert doesn't happen unless I let the call run to the delay time.  Is there a 'number' I can use to direct straight to voicemail?
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Regards
Paul
15 REPLIES
Fixes: 104

Re: Diverting to voicemail with Eyebeam software

found this in the manual
If you do not wish to be disturbed, however require your phone to remain active then Do Not Disturb either gives callers a busy tone, or diverts to your voicemail box if voicemail is activated on your service. To activate Do Not Disturb on your phone
Will Moderate For Thanks
Shofar
Grafter

Thanks for the answer.
I was just wondering how to use the 'Send To Voicemail' feature manually and wondered if we were each assigned a number to divert to voicemail.  If I click on this feature when the phone is ringing, it pauses for a second and sends the call to the desktop again.
puddy
Grafter

Just wondered could you change delay to zero?
Dont forget when testing voicemail settings in voip.plus.net it can take up to an hour before changes will work
So if your dialing just after you changed the settings to see if it works it wont straight away Undecided
Puddy
Shofar
Grafter

If I use adiewoo's suggestion and click the Do Not Disturb button on Eyebeam then it will send the call directly to voicemail. I then have to make sure to click back so other calls come in as normal. I just wondered if there was a 'number' I can enter into Eyebeam's preferences that will allow me to use the Send Direct to Voicemail feature.
My voicemail settings at the PN end are set to 20 seconds and that works fine for me.  It seems that I can use a software application method that basically says 'I am busy' and it will re-direct immediately.  The actual instant divert feature in the software doesn't give me that option as I don't have a direct to voicemail number/ID to put in.  If I use my Extension it just directs the call back to the desktop.
Simon_M
Grafter

I think you are right. You would need another account, with no phone phone registered on it. Putting that number (or it's SIP address) in the 'Divert to' field would then send the call to that account, which would immediately answer with it's voicemail.
See the sticky thread at the top of this board about getting a second number, if you think it's worth pursuing further.
Shofar
Grafter

Thanks Simon.  I'll look into it.
Highlighted
Shofar
Grafter

UPDATE:
Took out a second extension yet Eyebeam, iSoftPhone and Zoiper won't redirect voicemail at all.
Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong here would be appreciated.
mdean
Grafter

Hi when you have an Incoming call that you wish to divert to voicemail with out waiting for it to ring out you can just click on ignore and this will push it to voicemail. the other option is as adiewoo described.
Simon_M
Grafter

I tested the method we discussed earlier, of putting another account in the 'Number for sending calls to voicemail' & it does seems to work ok. The call was picked up immediately by the 2nd account & because there was no phone logged in on that account, it went straight to voicemail. So I'm not sure what's wrong, but persevere - it does work.
I then tested Martin's alternative & that works too, diverting straight to the 1st account's voicemail, so maybe we have been looking for a complicated solution to a simple problem.   Undecided  I didn't know Ignore worked like that - I've never used it because this phone spends most of it's time in a hunt group, so we have to let the hunt group control things rather than trying to override the group setting.
Shofar
Grafter

I may have set something up incorrectly here because when I use any of the softphones  nothing happens when I hit the ignore or voicemail buttons.  In fact it seemed that Eyebeam did it once and then no more.
I have tried putting in the different formats for the second extension in the send to voicemail preferences but nothing works.
Simon_M
Grafter

For the voicemail divert, I went to SIP Accounts | Properties for the default account | Voicemail & entered sip:xxxxxxx@sip.plus.net into the 'Number for sending calls to voicemail' field, where xxxxxxx is the extension number of the target account. I also ticked 'Send calls to voicemail if unanswered for X seconds'. It doesn't matter what X is, so long as it is, say 10 or more - you will hit the Divert to Voicemail button before it gets that far.
For Ignore, I was clicking on the button in the 'Call Alert' pop-up window, rather than the button that appears in the phone itself when a call comes in. I don't suppose it makes any difference, but if you don't have the 'Call Alert' pop-up, you turn it on under Options | General | Alerts & Sounds.
Simon_M
Grafter

Quote from: shekinah
If I click on this feature when the phone is ringing, it pauses for a second and sends the call to the desktop again.

Just a thought - what happens if you then click for a second time? Mine rang for a second time too, now I think about it. I thought it was down to the fairly complicated diverts & multiple accounts I have registered on this phone, but maybe not. I think it was when I was testing Ignore that it rang twice. I don't want to reconfigure it all again to test - I've put everything back how it was now.
Shofar
Grafter

HI Simon
During the initial set up it was the trying to divert to voicemail and continuously having to click the send to voicemail button that prompted this thread and the acquisition of a second extension!
However, it seems that something you mentioned earlier made me spring into action.  I stripped out the second extension account from the S685 and any other softphones I might have running and it now diverts to voicemail on demand when hitting the Voicemail and Ignore button.
It was this last thing with the set up that was so frustrating and it's now solved.
Thanks for everyone's input.  Much appreciated.
Simon_M
Grafter

Quote from: shekinah
I stripped out the second extension account from the S685 and any other softphones I might have running

That would explain it.
Glad you've got it working now.   Smiley