cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnected Calls

puddy
Grafter

Disconnected Calls

I have still not been able to make a successfull call for longer than 10 minutes.
most cut off/dropped call are within 5min why is this still happening
It doesn't  matter which device I use listed below.
puddy
=jillweekes account
29 REPLIES
thehatman
Grafter

Re: Disconnected Calls

Today my softphone cut me off exactly every ten minutes. I'm supposed to have free weekends. Any ideas why this would be?
dgp
Grafter

You are lucky.  Most of mine are cut-off after 20-30 seconds.
thehatman
Grafter

But why is it happening? Mine is exactly 10 minutes every time.
RichSmol
Grafter

Hi all,
Can you make SIP to SIP calls without problems? does this happen on any particular type of call? i.e. just outbound to PSTN?
i'll be doing some tests on each of your accounts today - i'll be adding 50p credit to your account and trying to replicate the problem so please do not be alarmed if you see a random number appearing on your calls out log.
cheers
Rich
RichSmol
Grafter

dgp - i've reset your password and tested your account - I was able to make a successful call to my desk phone and the call lasted for the whole duration (hung up after 3 minutes). Please can you test this again with the new password and let me know how you get on. I think theres something wrong with your device settings. Also made a successful call to my mobile number for 2 minutes without a problem. I've given you 50p credit for the testing as well.
RichSmol
Grafter

thehatman - I've reset your password as well and tested this for you - a call to my mobile lasted only 2m 46s as the credit ran out. The call will cut out when the zero credit balance is reached so that test doesnt really prove anything  Crazy . I'll need to test this for 01/02 numbers when the off-peak period kicks in, if the call fails at 2.46seconds then theres a problem and another problem if it cuts out at 10mins exactly.
RichSmol
Grafter

puddy - I've registered with your account on SJPhones and made a test call to my mobile again and the call lasted 10minutes exactly. Raising with Gradwell.
dgp
Grafter

Hi - I have made six calls tonight.  The first three I hung up.  Two cut-off at exactly 10 minutes and the other one lasted exactly 20 seconds.  At least I lasted longer on some of them this time!!!.  If it was my settings I would have thought the calls would be more consistent.  Thanks.
thehatman
Grafter

Interesting, another person with the problem of calls cutting off at exactly ten minutes.
Plusnet, what is causing this?
itsme
Grafter

Me too. Outbound to PSTN cut off at exactly 10 minutes.
RichSmol
Grafter

Theres obviously a problem here - i'm running some traces with Gradwell today to ascertain what the problem is.
RichSmol
Grafter

ok, Gradwell have tracked this down to a security fix that was applied on Friday last week. Phones are sending an INVITE 10 minutes into the call. As we're not expecting the INVITE, our systems reject it, and the call gets terminated.
Gradwell are working on a fix for this atm.
thehatman
Grafter

Still not fixed as of 9pm I'm afraid.
prichardson
Grafter

A fix for this has been developed and is hoped to be released overnight.
Rich and another VoIP SME (Subject Matter Expert) will be testing accounts in the morning. I do suspect I will be the SME roped in Wink