cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deskphone

wjpsoftware

Deskphone

Hi Everyone,
I am looking to use VOIP but rather than a softphone i would prefer a desk phone which goes directly (if possible) into my router. I wondered if anything could advise me and suggest a suitable device that works with the plusnet voip, and or if i am missing a point. I am looking at SIP phones in the first instance and ideally a SPA502G or similar. Do i need extra hardware to go with this?
I look forward to any help you can give me, also very open to ideas, just dont want a phone which is restricted to my pc having to be on.
I look forward to hearing from you.
James Proctor.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

Re: Deskphone

There's quite a few people on here with various models from the Siemens Gigaset DECT IP range, including me. They work really well and are very functional and easy to configure. They are DECT phones rather than your traditional deskphone and are capable of being used with both a landline and a voip connection. The current cheapest model is this http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?ProductID=12485 which seems to be comparable in price with the Ciso one you wrer looking at.
One thing, do you already have a PlusNet voip account ? because the voip option seems to have been removed from residential accounts with the latest product revamp and now new voip accounts are only available to Business customers.
Fixes: 101

For a pure VoIP phone, I've been using a yealink t20 and found it to be excellent.
Will Moderate For Thanks
wjpsoftware

Thanks guys.
I am a business customer and hoping to get my VOIP account activated in the next couple of days.
The Yealink T20P looks good. I know this is probably an obvious question, but this phone will work with Plusnet VOIP without any additional hardware? And goes straight into a hub or modem?
Kind Regards
James
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

It plugs straight into a spare LAN port on your router. You don't need any additional hardware, except for perhaps a longer network cable if it needs to be a long way from your router.
I assume dvorak is using it on PlusNet voip.
Fixes: 101

Yes I am, obviously lots of other options out there but it's suited me in daily use. I also use a VoIP app on my mobile when in wifi range.
Will Moderate For Thanks