cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Announcements - what is it telling me ?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Credit Announcements - what is it telling me ?

On my "Broadband Phone Anytime 240" account, I have enabled the "Credit Announcements" (as shown below) so that I can hear before each call how much of my inclusive minutes remains and/or how much the dialed call will cost me.

Currently when I dial out to a standard '01' BT landline, the announcement says -
"You have 183 minutes to this number after that it will cost point eight five pence per minute"

If I look at my "Broadband Phone" control panel it says -

My question is if I have 209:50 remaining inclusive calls, what is the 183 minutes referring to ?
31 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 30

Re: Credit Announcements - what is it telling me ?

Hi Purleigh,
The two readings do relate to the same thing so there shouldn't be such a discrepancy between the two figures.
I'd advise you to raise a ticket as it may just be something that needs to be raised with our suppliers.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran

@Adam
I will raise a ticket as suggested.  Wink
However, before I do that I'm going to collect two more pieces of evidence to assist with identifying the problem.
1)  When my account has rolled over into a new billing month and I again have the full 240 minutes of inclusive calling credit, I will check whether the spoken credit announcement minutes have been reset (to 240) or not (183 or less).
2)  In the new billing month, I will make a few more inclusive phone calls, and will check again to see what the call announcement says - to see whether the spoken remaining minutes have decreased.

I suspect that the 183 minutes is the remaining minutes since the VoIP account was started instead of just this billing month.  Crazy
Hopefully the two tests detailed above should prove that (or not !).  Undecided
I will post the results here so everyone can see what's happening - in case it's not just my account affected  Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

1)  When my account has rolled over into a new billing month and I again have the full 240 minutes of inclusive calling credit, I will check whether the spoken credit announcement minutes have been reset (to 240) or not (183 or less).
For info, my account rolled over recently. A test gave the correct 120 mins remaining.
RobPN
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: purleigh

My question is if I have 209:50 remaining inclusive calls, what is the 183 minutes referring to ?

I'm not sure if this is relevant;  I don't use the spoken message announcement but some months ago I noticed a discrepancy between the number of minutes used and the number of minutes remaining, which then led to my 240 minutes running out before they should have done and me being charged for some calls.
Upon closer scrutiny I noticed I'd had some minutes set off against my 240 which for some reason had been carried over from the previous month as 'Unbilled Calls'.  Slightly annoying but I didn't bother to find out why, and I don't think it's happened since.
Can you see anything under the 'Unbilled Calls' section for this or last month?
Community Veteran

@RobPN - thanks for the suggestion, but I can't see ANY unbilled calls.
The "Unbilled Calls Overview" section says -
Unbilled Calls Overview
There are no unbilled calls.

and I have checked all the "Billed Calls Overview", and found nothing there either.
Community Veteran

Time for test #1 !
My new billing month has started and I have allowed more than 24 hours to elapse to ensure more than enough time for all the Plusnet account and billing scripts to have run.
My "Broadband Phone Anytime 240" control panel now says -
Inclusive Minutes

Package                        Minutes

Broadband Phone 240      UK: 240:00 remaining

Dialing out to a standard '01' BT landline, the spoken credit announcement STILL says -
"You have 183 minutes to this number after that it will cost point eight five pence per minute"

Clearly the Plusnet "Broadband Phone" control panel has been correctly reset for the new billing month,  but whatever the spoken credit announcement uses for accounting, has not been reset as it should be.  Cry

In a few days time, after I have used some inclusive voice minutes on calls, I will report back to show whether the spoken credit announcements have decreased.  That will check whether the credit announcement value is counting down, or whether it is stuck at 183 !.  Undecided
RobPN
Aspiring Pro

Having never previously used the voice announcement in question I thought I'd test it, so I enabled it a few minutes ago and dialled a call.
My Broadband Phone Anytime 240 control panel says I have 159:24 minutes remaining, however the announcement says "you have 103 minutes to this number ... "
Something definitely amiss which renders that service useless.
Community Veteran

@RobPN - does your total inclusive calls, since your service started, roughly add up to 137 minutes ?  (240 - 103)
RobPN
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: purleigh
- does your total inclusive calls, since your service started, roughly add up to 137 minutes ?  (240 - 103)

I'm guessing you mean the numbers against 'TOTAL' under the 'Billed Calls Overview' section?
If so, although my VoIP service started well before the apparent earliest date of Nov 2009 recorded in that section, the total duration of calls given is 165:20:59
So using your theory, have you only ever used a total of 57 minutes? (240 - 183)
Community Veteran

Yes !
Despite only having had "Broadband Phone" for about six months, It is difficult to be exact with the figures as my account had a couple of resets and a manually patched upgrade in the first couple of months,  but a "ball park" total is roughly in the order of a little over an hour of total usage.
But that might just be a coincidence !   Huh
Community Veteran

Time for test #2 !
Having now used a few minutes of inclusive calls from my new billing month allowance, the results are as follows -
My "Broadband Phone Anytime 240" control panel now says -
Inclusive Minutes

Package                         Minutes

Broadband Phone 240      UK: 235:43 remaining

Dialing out to a standard '01' BT landline, the spoken credit announcement STILL says -

The conclusion from my original posting and the two tests (Reply #6 and Reply #11), is that -
1) The Plusnet "Broadband Phone" control panel seems to be working as expected.
    It reset correctly on a new billing month, and is counting down as inclusive calls are consumed.   Smiley
2) The spoken credit announcement is stuck at 183 minutes !.
    It neither reset on a new billing month or counts down as inclusive minutes are used.   Cry
Community Veteran

Quote from: RobPN
My Broadband Phone Anytime 240 control panel says I have 159:24 minutes remaining, however the announcement says "you have 103 minutes to this number ... "

@RobPN - does yours spoken announcement count down as your inclusive minutes are used ?
RPMozley
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

I wonder what happens when you reach and go below the 'magic' 183.  Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I'm on AnyTime, so my control panel says:
Broadband Phone Anytime UK: 3704:27 remaining
When I turn on announcements and dial an 01 number is says I have 183 minutes remaining.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)