cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couple of questions.

nervousfrog

Couple of questions.

Hi there,
        Just moved over from the old Plusnet voip service and on the whole I am a lot happier with the new service. On the previous service I had problems making calls between my phone(Gigaset 460) and my and Dads(Grandstream ATA device).
    All works fine between phones although that may just have been some settings on my end as I adjusted quite a few as per this post <A HREF="http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,58734.0.html">here</A>
       Emboldened by this success I have tried to move my grand plan on to the next step which has met with less success. I am now trying to setup my Nokia N95 Internet phone capability. I currently have a PAYG type account with a supplier called Voiptalk who apparently peer with gradwell.  I can make calls from my Plusnet phone to my n95 perfectly but I am unable to call my plusnet phone using either my full sip address(not sure this is supported on my mobile) or using the peering number for Gradwell **472[MYSIP]. When I try using the **472 I get a message telling me they are unavailable, I also get this message if I try using **472 from my plusnet phone then my dad's SIP.
     This leaves me with a few of simple questions;
1) Can I setup a second voip account on plusnet(just a PAYG)and call direct without needing peering prefixes?
2) Any ideas why I can't make incoming calls from voiptalk?
3) Should you be able to dial numbers on the beta trial from a number on the beta trial using the **472 prefix?
     The second and third questions are more important as we need to be sure the peering works before we start giving out our new SIP numbers to people on other networks. I noticed this post <A HREF="http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,58413.0.html">here</A> which seems to explain the peering problem can someone from Plusnet confirm which peers actually work?
Rob.
4 REPLIES
itsme
Grafter

Re: Couple of questions.

Have you tried the prefix and the full geographical international number for you PN/Gradwell VOIP? i.e. **472 44 geographical number.
itsme
Grafter

nervousfrog

Thanks for the fast response works a treat with the 44 country code.  Grin.
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: nervousfrog
(Gigaset 460) and my and Dads(Grandstream ATA device).
           Rob.

glad you found my settings helpful. 
Point to note the siemens 460ip can only take 1 sip account at a time  the 450ip can take up to 6
Have you managed to setup free calls to all siemens gigaset voip phones owners? 
If not dial 1188#9 and setup an account don't worry its free!
puddy