Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choppy audio

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Choppy audio

I use a Gigaset S450IP VOIP phone and have notice lately the audio is very choppy at times. It has been fine upto recently, I wonder if anyone else is seeing the same problem.
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Re: Choppy audio

George,
When you say lately, what do you mean ?
I use a C475IP and certainly didnt notice any problems on Tuesday or Yesterday...
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Last week or so - No problem with Sipgate on the same phone.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Thats odd , I cant say that I have noticed anything but I've only had the C475 for about a week and didnt use voip routinely prior to that. I now use it as my default outgoing line during the week ( when BT would be charging me for calls ).

Maybe someone from PlusNet could comment about any possible maintenance work at Gradwell's end that might have an influence.
paxy
Grafter

Same here - also noticed that quality has been variable over the last few days.  I wonder if it may be becuase of traffic at PlusNet as disconnecting my router and then connecting again provided some improvement.  Not very good again this morning though.
puddy
Grafter

This will only effect the 450ip dect and 460ip dect range of phones looks like the fix done last month doesn't work any more
puddy
taras
Grafter

I've moved from eclipse to plusnet and my bb talk account has become very choppy too Sad
RichSmol
Grafter

can you all please let me know what times of day you are experiencing the choppy audio? The network is getting hammered with gold traffic (iplayer) from midday through to 5pm and its causing some congestion but it should not affect VoIP traffic in titanium.
taras
Grafter

I am on small business premier and it seems to be fine today but since the 1st till yesterday it was breaking up quite badly.
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: RichSmol
can you all please let me know what times of day you are experiencing the choppy audio? The network is getting hammered with gold traffic (iplayer) from midday through to 5pm and its causing some congestion but it should not affect VoIP traffic in titanium.

I did say in my other post quality has been poor on my siemens 460ip dect phone my other equipment works fine (see below)
Would be grateful if you could make Peter Gradwell aware of this problem
Kind regards
Puddy
=jillweekes account