Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant make PSTN Calls

oakserver
Dabbler

Cant make PSTN Calls

Hi,
For some reason I am now unable to make outgoing calls to standard numbers or mobile numbers.
I can dial 160 and 123 with no problems, but when I try to dial a normal number I get the message "internet telephone service not available" very quickly displayed.
I cant understand what is going on as all the settings seem to be correct.
Any ideas?
Thanks
5 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Re: Cant make PSTN Calls

Have you been able to make calls in the past? I've just tried my account and all seems well.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

puddy
Grafter

Theirs a problem reported in to billing issue on the gradwell voip system
My account keeps going overdrawn even though I only call 01/020 numbers in fact its overdrawn again for the 2nd time this month.  I have only used 90 minutes I should be able to make over 4 hours of calling time a month
Could this be related?
Puddy
Equipment used/help offered
speedtouch 716 wl v5
Grandstream Gxp2000
Linksys Pap-2
Linksys spa3000 uk spec
Siemens 460ip dect
RichSmol
Grafter

I've raised this as a separate issue - the billing issue is something which has affected every other trialist. It seems that the minutes allowance meter has been reset on 1st Feb but something else in the backend is restricting you from making calls to 01/02 numbers.
I've raised this with Gradwell and i'll let you know how they get on.
oakserver
Dabbler

Hi,
Yes, everything was working fine until recently.
It does seem as if I had run out of credit, because it is the same type of message you get when you try and dial an international number without having credit, but I believe I still have credit left, and plenty of unused minutes for uk calls.
Mike
RichSmol
Grafter

Gradwell are investigating this for us - as I say its something which is affecting everyone and we're working on implementing a system whereby your minutes allowance will reset on your PlusNet billing date.
Also, I noticed that you had your 'maximum spend per day' set to £1 - this will of restricted you from making calls. Can you try now so we can tell whether this is the issue or not?