cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot withhold my number when making VOIP call on Speedtouch 780WL

9411john
Dabbler

Cannot withhold my number when making VOIP call on Speedtouch 780WL

According to manual there should be an option to withhold my number when I make calls (Calling line identification restriction).  I do not have this option neither can I prefix dialled number with *31* as manual says to individually withhold number - call will not connect. 
Is it Plusnet withholding this option as manual infers that Service Provider can do this.
Does anyone have this problem and/or a solution?
Thank you
4 REPLIES
techguy
Grafter

Re: Cannot withhold my number when making VOIP call on Speedtouch 780WL

Shouldn't that be 141John? Boom Boom  Grin
What about standard 141 to withhold CLI?
9411john
Dabbler

Yes, thanks,  141 does work for individual calls but I would still rather have a blanket stop for all calls if that is possible.
techguy
Grafter

Not sure and apologies for the naff joke, bit of a mad day at work when I responded.
I'm not familiar with that router so cant help much am afraid, if the key combination is not working for you maybe PN support can do this at the network level?
RichSmol
Grafter

If you login to voip.plus.net and go to the account overview section, click your extension you'll get to a screen which has a 'Outbound number' drop down box - if you click that drop down you'll be able to choose 'withhold' as a permenant configurable option. This will restrict your CLI from being sent until you change it back. Be sure to click 'save' at the bottom of the screen as well.
cheers
Rich