cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make or receive 01/02 etc calls

9411john
Dabbler

Cannot make or receive 01/02 etc calls

I have a Speedtouch 716WL modem/router.  Have set it up for VOIP Beta trial as per settings posted by other forum members.  I can call 160 and do echo test; I can dial 123 (speaking clock).  However when I dial a normal PSTN (01/02 etc.) number, I get a short delay then a series of rapid pips.  If I dial into my VOIP BEta telephone number the call gets directed straight to Voicemail - I can retrieve this by keying *1.  Anyone encounter this problem and how do I resolve it? If I revert to normal non beta VOIP settings them everything works OK.
28 REPLIES
RichSmol
Grafter

Re: Cannot make or receive 01/02 etc calls

I've notified one of our supplier engineers so we can get this investigated for you - this one seems a little different to other reported issues
jakejohnson
Dabbler

Hi 9411john,
To start working on this problem we would really need to know what your SIP settings are on your Speedtouch.
You can post them in here, but if you could get some screenshots of your config and email to my address (which I'll PM to you) that would be better.
Thanks,
Jake
jakejohnson
Dabbler

Hi 9411john,
We had a look at your screenshots and everything seemed to be in place. We have set up a trace on your line so if you could attempt to ring the same numbers - and one more you haven't tried yet - as soon as possible so we can see what occurs.
If you can also list what comes from the phone  (a beeping noise, a voice, a message, etc) it will give us an insight into the problem. When you have made the test calls please email me with this info and the time you made the calls and we can then look back on the trace and see what we can find.
Thanks,
Jake
edde
Dabbler

Quote from: 9411john
I have a Speedtouch 716WL modem/router.  Have set it up for VOIP Beta trial as per settings posted by other forum members.  I can call 160 and do echo test; I can dial 123 (speaking clock).  However when I dial a normal PSTN (01/02 etc.) number, I get a short delay then a series of rapid pips.  If I dial into my VOIP BEta telephone number the call gets directed straight to Voicemail - I can retrieve this by keying *1.  Anyone encounter this problem and how do I resolve it? If I revert to normal non beta VOIP settings them everything works OK.

Has this been resolved?
I've setup my Billion 7401VGP ADSL Router this morning and get the same problem, i.e.
1. When dialling an 01... number I just get an "engaged" tone
2. I can dial 123 and 160 OK
3. When trying to dial in I get the voicemail message (which is emailed to me)
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: 9411john
I have a Speedtouch 716WL  However when I dial a normal PSTN (01/02 etc.) number, I get a short delay then a series of rapid pips.  If I dial into my VOIP BEta telephone number the call gets directed straight to Voicemail - .

Latest working firmware was 6.1.7.2 the later/updated one does not work it locks up the voip service I have told Speedtouch but they have still not replied yet
SpeedTouch 716wl v5 settings

toolbox>telephoney
Config

SIP URI: your membership number
Username: as above
Password: your password
Confirm password: as above
Displayname: blank
Abbreviated number: blank
Port:phone 1
Enable Telephony: dont put the tick in the box yet
press apply
next
Expert Config

Registrar:sip2.plus.net
Registrar Port:5060
Proxy:nat.plus.net
Proxy Port:5082
Expire Time:3600
apply
go back to config
Enable Telephony: put a tick in the box now,
if it won't register straight away leave it for 30min or longer and it will register mine would not accept the settings at first
Puddy Grin
9411john
Dabbler

I have given up with Gradwell and left trial.  At first there was some enthusiasm for dealing with my problem but that seems to have drained away.  I was left in the position where VOIP via beta trial (Gradwell) would not work (see discussion for problems).  Gradwell wanted me to persist and make calls that they could monitor.  I was happy to do this but whilst so doing I was losing my free minutes and Plusnet were not prepared to do anything about it. Gradwell were also not solving my problem. So have now given up and also have no faith in future of VOIP with Plusnet or Gradwell - so its back to good old reliable SKYPE for me.
simonsse
Dabbler

Hmm - is this the same issue I had, that then went away when Ian Wild (Plus Net staff) reset my account?  [See thread New User - Not a Happy One yet]
The gradwell intervention seems not to have sorted things out - but details weren't published in the forum.  May be 9411john's account had a glitch at the PN end, and needed to be reset?
SimonSSE
RichSmol
Grafter

John, your account has been fixed by myself just now - as mentioned in your support ticket, it seems there was an error when your account was created which resulted in the designated package (240 Broadband Phone) was not assigned correctly to the account and therefore the tariff was not set either. This is a strange one - I have manually added the package to your account and assigned a new geo number to it too. Everything should be fine now - I have tested it and can register with the number with no problems.
RichSmol
Grafter

Quote from: simonsse
Hmm - is this the same issue I had, that then went away when Ian Wild (Plus Net staff) reset my account?  [See thread New User - Not a Happy One yet]
The gradwell intervention seems not to have sorted things out - but details weren't published in the forum.  May be 9411john's account had a glitch at the PN end, and needed to be reset?
SimonSSE

Simon - i've done a mop up on your account and resent your login details (as a result of the previous actions we did on your account there were 2 different extensions in play). Just want to make sure your using the right login details. Hopefully your issues are all resolved now too
edde
Dabbler

Quote from: simonsse

Does this need doing to my account as well?
simonsse
Dabbler

Rich,
Thanks for the clean up on my account - all now working.
SimonSSE
RichSmol
Grafter

Quote from: edde

Does this need doing to my account as well?

Edde - Your account looks fine - definately not the same issue. Whats the actual problem your having? Are you using a SpeedTouch 716wl v5 as well?
cheers
Rich
edde
Dabbler

No I've got a Billion Bipac 7401VGP but was suffering the same problem as the OP.
Anyway, thanks to your suggestions to my ticket I have now successfully configured it.
For anyone else with this particular router, make sure you put the SIP no. into the Phone no. field on the VOIP Wizard settings page.
Moderators note by James_H : Removed full quote of previous post. It is not needed. : Please read the link:rules
swisstone

Hmmm... Ive been using a PAP2 without any problems - But now I have a Nokia E65 and get EXACTLY the same problem with the mobile! does my account need clearing up too?
if you require any further info please do not hesitate to ask!
Thanks
SwissT