cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you have two voip devices active at the same time

taras
Grafter

Can you have two voip devices active at the same time

Can you have say an ata and a mobile connected to the voip service?
4 REPLIES
taras
Grafter

Re: Can you have two voip devices active at the same time

Seems that you can Smiley
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: taras

Yes you can in addition if one device is being used the spare handsets will ring or you can make more than one call too.
When I am in Spain not only will my Nokia E65* ring in Spain but also my voip phones will ring in the UK at the same time.  I could also be on a call in Spain my partner can make or receive a voip call in the UK.
Plus the mobile thinks it’s a UK phone so you could be anywhere in the world* say with a mobile Nokia E65 you can call the UK free and if anybody rings your std voip number the call could be free for the caller if they have free minutes and unless you tell them they have no idea where you are in the world.  No roaming charges international codes to remember or incoming call charges
Calling to customers who have same voip provider are free (voip to voip) just dial their  account number only  instead of their std number then BT wont charge you after 60 minutes (free minute allowance)
Puddy
ps you can connect to your mobile network to make voip call instead of a wireless internet signal but you will use up data charges for the duration you are logged on.  This can prove very expensive.  Most mobile phone companies allow you unlimited internet allowance but if there’s a fair usage rule you could end up with a very large bill
*=need to be logged on to an internet wireless signal
taras
Grafter

Quote from: puddy

Yes you can in addition if one device is being used the spare handsets will ring or you can make more than one call too.
When I am in Spain not only will my Nokia E65* ring in Spain but also my voip phones will ring in the UK at the same time.  I could also be on a call in Spain my partner can make or receive a voip call in the UK.
Plus the mobile thinks it’s a UK phone so you could be anywhere in the world* say with a mobile Nokia E65 you can call the UK free and if anybody rings your std voip number the call could be free for the caller if they have free minutes and unless you tell them they have no idea where you are in the world.  No roaming charges international codes to remember or incoming call charges
Calling to customers who have same voip provider are free (voip to voip) just dial their  account number only  instead of their std number then BT wont charge you after 60 minutes (free minute allowance)
Puddy
ps you can connect to your mobile network to make voip call instead of a wireless internet signal but you will use up data charges for the duration you are logged on.  This can prove very expensive.  Most mobile phone companies allow you unlimited internet allowance but if there’s a fair usage rule you could end up with a very large bill
*=need to be logged on to an internet wireless signal

For roaming if your in a certain country its probably better geting a spare mobile with a sim for that county in it Tongue
puddy
Grafter

For roaming if your in a certain country its probably better geting a spare mobile with a sim for that county in it Tongue

why buy another mobile with a Sim card? why not just use the Sim in your old mobile?
You don’t need a Sim card in your mobile to make or receive voip calls when logged on to an internet wireless connection. Calls back to the UK cost 1p-2p per minute or calls to voip users on the same network are free if you dial their account number only.  Called voip to voip.
Even if you logon on to any mobile phone network with a Sim card of that country you’re staying in  it still going to cost more than just sitting in a bar cafe or city with free internet access because your still using data every minute it’s on. 
In addition you may have to pay more for a payg Sim card with included data allowance granted in the UK mobile networks now offer free data but do they offer the same abroad?

puddy