cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Get Zyxel 2602R-61 working with Plusnet VOIP trial

amacgechan
Dabbler

Can't Get Zyxel 2602R-61 working with Plusnet VOIP trial

I'm trying to get the Plusnet VOIP trial  working on something other than my PC. I have borrowed a friends Zyxel router, which has a two phone ports. I noticed that there was a setup for a different Zyxel posted elsewhere that worked without using NAT proxy (nat.plus.net:5082) settings. I've tried all kinds of combinations, but all with no luck at all. My current settings (I've substituted 123456 for my assigned ID) for the Zyxel are :-
SIP Settings
Active SIP - ticked
SIP Number - 123456
SIP Local Port - 5060
SIP Server Address - sip2.plus.net
SIP Server Port - 5060
REGISTER Server Address- sip2.plus.net
REGISTER Server Port- 5060
SIP Service Domain
Authentication
User-ID  - 123456
Password - ******
The VOIP light does not come on and the phone just gives short tones which  I guess sounds like an error. There are some advanced settings, but I have left them alone. Any idea's anyone please ?.
10 REPLIES
fotobits
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Can't Get Zyxel 2602R-61 working with Plusnet VOIP trial

amacgechan, if the settings you have submitted are accurate, there should be "sip2.plus.net" entered against SIP service domain.
If you want to try out your SIP connection on another SIP user contact me.
Regards....Noel
amacgechan
Dabbler

Sip Service Domain is set to sip2.plus.net, but makes no difference. I've had my account working on X-Phone Lite, so I know something works !.
fotobits
Rising Star

amacgechan, I use the Zyxel P-2002L adapter and I assume that the Phone setting requirements are similar.
I don't set the NAT settings, however, have you tried going into Advanced settings and enabling NAT, with nat.plus.net and 5082?
Have you looked at the manual?  Mine can be obtained online and in the CD?
Otherwise, I'd try Zyxel support, they're most helpful.
Regards...Noel
fotobits
Rising Star

amacgechan, in the trouble-shooting section of the manual for my adapter, beeping means there is no SIP a/c registered for the phone to use.
Regards....Noel
amacgechan
Dabbler

The beeping turns to a more traditional engaged tone if you set the router for UK.  I've usng the manual as a last resort, but I've now given up on this device, as nothing I tried worked for VOIP at all.  I know my SIP account is OK as X-Phone works on the PC. Does anyone else have one of these 2602 routers ?.
I'm forming the opinion that there are a lot of SIP devices out there but not all of them are compatible with this service. Maybe somebody should start a list of known devices that are and are not compatible ?
RichSmol
Grafter

Im really struggling to understand whats wrong here, obviously something wrong with the hardware or hardware settings. Not sure if you've posted them before (couldnt see from the 2 threads near this one) - but could you post a screenshot of your hardware settings including the advanced settings as well and i'll take a look.
amacgechan
Dabbler

Please see post 1 for settings - I can do screen grabs but not for a day or two as I'm not using that router (it was a loan).
fotobits
Rising Star

amacgechan, I still think you should try going into Advanced Settings, activate Outbound Proxy, insert nat.plus.net and port 5082.
Otherwise, do you know if SIP ALG is enabled in the router?  To determine this with my Zyxel router, a enquiry in DOS is necessary. If you get that far, I can give you details.
Regards.....Noel
amacgechan
Dabbler

It's all fixed, but I am not sure why. I asked for my number to be changed, as I have been receiving lots of inbound calls, despite the fact that nobody knew the number. A new account was created and I over-wrote the old user name and password details into the Zyxel router and VOIP just sprang into life. I know it all sounds like finger trouble on my part, but I am absolutely certain I set up and reset up with my previous account several times before and it didn't work on the router once.
I have included screenshots of my std and advanced router config web pages. If anyone has suggestions for tuning, which are the optimal codecs etc, please let me know.  Many thanks to all who contributed.

fotobits
Rising Star

Very odd, amacgechan.
Your settings are the same as mine now.  I use G711 only, but that's pretty much the same as g711>G729.
I can select landline-call instead of SIP-call by entry of a prefix specified in the adapter.  Not sure whether this is available to you.
Also, I specify in my router that VoIP calls have priority over all other traffic.
Regards....Noel