Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Diversion fails.

kevinhenry
Dabbler

Call Diversion fails.

Hi,
I am trying to set up my Broadband Phone call diversion if it is offline or does not answer after 15 seconds. I have been into the control panel at
https://voip.plus.net/login/account_overview
Under "Divert and Transfer Settings" I have selected "Sequential", 15 seconds and entered a phone number and saved it.
When I dial my Broadband Phone number, after the 15 seconds are up I just get the number unobtainable tone.
Any ideas?
Regards,
Kevin Henry.

8 REPLIES
RichSmol
Grafter

Re: Call Diversion fails.

Have you disabled the voicemail? Also, what happens when the divert is not in place?
kevinhenry
Dabbler

Hi Chris,
Yes I have disabled voicemail, If the divert is not in place the phone will ring for quite a time without answering and iff offline it gives a message saying the number is temporarly (sp?) out of order.
Regards,
Kevin Henry
RichSmol
Grafter

Ok, i've checked your account and everything looks ok from this side. What setup are you using? i.e. softphone/IP Phone/DECT handset + ATA/IAD?
RichSmol
Grafter

Better still, if you can post your config or provide a screenshot that would be helpful too as it sounds like a firewall issue to me.
kevinhenry
Dabbler

Hi Chris,
OK, the ATA is a Planet VP-156 and the router is a BT Voyager 2091. Where do you wan't be to send the sceenshots to?
Regards,
kevin.

RichSmol
Grafter

add the screenshots on your post if you like making sure that you remove any references to personal data (passwords / extension numbers) - other users of the same kit can then provide some imput as well
kevinhenry
Dabbler

RichSmol
Grafter

Ok, heres a few things you can try:
-check the manufacturers website for the latest firmware
-change the outbound proxy to 'nat.plus.net:5082'
-if you have a desktop security client i'd suggest that you disable the IP filtering feature to ensure thats not blocking SIP traffic and then give it a try!
cheers
Rich