scottiedog
Dabbler

Call Charges made via Fring Incorrect

Hi Support
I have just logged into my VOIP Trial Account to see I made a call
for 7mins and 43 secs ?
Source      Destination        Call Date      Duration              Cost
NOT SET    07xxxxxxxxx      2008-01-07  09:08:02 7:43    £1.158
This call I made was to a work colleague from my mobile logged into Fring to prove the FRING access  works, called his number, he answered then we both hung up..  call time approx 7 secs. but the call duration showing over 7 mins.
could this be looked into Huh
thanks
Scott
[Moderator's note by Barry Zubel: Removed mobile number as these forums are publically viewable]
6 REPLIES
prichardson
Grafter

Re: Call Charges made via Fring Incorrect

I would remove the telephone number from your post to be honest, and provided it to staff should they request it.
From a personal view, I would think this is more likely to be Fring itself than the VoIP service.
Fring appears to work by means of a proxy they provide and were this prodxy does not recognise your disconnect, it will not pass this on to the VOIP server.
I have noticed my call times appear to be higher than expected on Fring, but not as high as that. My calls are used on inclusive minutes though, and as such, are not an issue.
scottiedog
Dabbler

Thanks for the fast responce Phil,
I know that this was a chargeable call as it was a mobile but 7sec call, that would be at least a 1min charge. 7min 43sec seems a bit long even for the Fring end to clear, Could this be looked at by whoever is looking after the Fring setup / trial
Once againg Thanks for the fast responce
Scott
If any further testing is required please advise Smiley
RichSmol
Grafter

can you advise what make and model mobile you are making the calls through?
Interestingly, you've managed to go into negative credit despite only having 50p...thats odd. Support ticket sent to Gradwell
cheers
Rich
scottiedog
Dabbler

Hi rich
Make of phone is Nokia 6680
Regards
Scott
RichSmol
Grafter

I've added the info to the ticket. Cheers
RichSmol
Grafter

Im chasing this issue for you - it seems that theres a bit of work involved to fix the problem which may actually be affecting more users.
Anyone else been able to make a call and incur a deficit on their credit balance? It should cut you off when you run out of money, ideally, it should 'beep' 10 seconds before the end of the call. If anyone else can replicate this using Fring that would be helpful too.
cheers
Rich