Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COST Of a phone call

naughtymonkey04
Dabbler

COST Of a phone call

Dear any1
  Are the 01 and 02 numbers we have been given charged at the local  0845 numbers rate. If someone was to ring me who gets unlimited Uk Landline calls, be charge for the call? or would it be free. I only ask because some network tariffs charge for 0845 numbers. For example would a BT customer who has unlimted UK Landline calls be charged for phoning my VoIP 01 number.
7 REPLIES
petergradwell
Grafter

Re: COST Of a phone call

Quote from: naughtymonkey04
Dear any1
  Are the 01 and 02 numbers we have been given charged at the local  0845 numbers rate. If someone was to ring me who gets unlimited Uk Landline calls, be charge for the call? or would it be free. I only ask because some network tariffs charge for 0845 numbers. For example would a BT customer who has unlimted UK Landline calls be charged for phoning my VoIP 01 number.

I am not a plusnet spokesperson, but I do know that the 01/02 numbers used on the plusnet voip trial are 'real' geographic phone numbers and cannot be distinguished from other 'real' numbers, like the ones BT use to route calls to your white-wall-box.
Therefore, your example BT customer with inclusive 01/02 calls, can call you for free.
cheers
peter
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Quote from: petergradwell
Therefore, your example BT customer with inclusive 01/02 calls, can call you for free.

But only after 6pm
And possibly only at weekends (depending on their "Call Package").

itsme
Grafter

No, some inclusive packages are 24/7 for 01, 02 and 03 numbers.
naughtymonkey04
Dabbler

Thanks for the info about the numbers. I would just like to know if there is a different tariff on the trail to the old VoIP plus net account and if so what is it? Also when will we be able to top up our accounts with payments other than credit cards, I.E our main Broadband account payment details. As I don't want to keep using my credit card to top up my VoIP trail account. Thanks.
RichSmol
Grafter

Its exactly the same tariff used on our Broadband Phone products.
Yeh, we are looking at allowing top-ups to be added to your monthly direct debits - obviously this is a massive requirement for business users as well. Just to gauge response, how many people (other than yourself naughtymonkey04) would welcome this?
naughtymonkey04
Dabbler

I've just added a survey called payment of VoIP phone calls if anyone would like to fill it in
RichSmol
Grafter

cheers for that - should hopefully give this some more focus from around the business for future phases.