cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI not being released

itsme
Grafter

CLI not being released

Since the end of last week the CLI has stopped being released. The called party instead of seeing my VOIP number see Withheld. Can't see any setting my end to cause this. Are other users seeing the same problem?
74 REPLIES
RichSmol
Grafter

Re: CLI not being released

The CLI is not set to withheld on your account - just to ensure any possible conflict i've reset the setting and forced an update to the Gradwell servers. I'd suggest that there is a setting somewhere within your PAP2 which is controlling this.
itsme
Grafter

Thanks I try again. I don't think the problem is my end relating to the PAP2 as I have also used my PDA running Fring and it does the same.
itsme
Grafter

No still not being released. I will monitor it over the next few days and see if the problem is still there after updating my voip adapter with  Camrivox Flexor 151 which has just been dispatched from Gradwell.
10crawford
Grafter

I have seen the same issue occur with my account. CLI is now withheld- I havn't changed anything my end.
RichSmol
Grafter

10Crawford - can you try any other equipment to test this out? Would be useful if you could replicate the problem on SJPhones or XLite.
Itsme - get back to me once you've tested this with your new ATA, I'm happy to raise a case for this if theres at least 2 instances.
itsme
Grafter

On the one test call that I was able to make with the Flexor 151 the CLI was not released.
RichSmol
Grafter

ok, i've raised a case with Gradwell - maybe this is something the newsip platform will solve. I'll get back to you when i hear a response.
cheers
Rich
RichSmol
Grafter

Gradwell havent been able to replicate this with your account and with a Camvirox ATA. I've had a look on your account and can see no reason why the CLI should be withheld. I've refreshed your account and forced an update to the Gradwell servers. Can you try again please, hopefully we can uncover something else - also have you made any changes to your account which may of caused this to happen? i.e. changed feature settings on http://voip.plus.net (divert, voicemail etc).
10crawford
Grafter

Just tested again using both xlite and sjphones - Number is still being withheld
RichSmol
Grafter

Are you both using the same device to report on the release of the CLI? i.e. calling a landline and then dialing a 1471 on a standard PSTN line would give a good indication of CLI representation
Im a bit worried that it might actually be the recipient device which is failing to present the CLI here and the actual SIP device is passing the CLI over correctly.
10crawford
Grafter

The phone I have noticed the withholding of the number is a standard BT home phone with Caller Identification. As well as the number coming up as withheld if you dial 1471 you get the standard "you were called today at ****** the caller withheld their number".
Previously this same phone did display my Voiptrial phone number.
RichSmol
Grafter

to fully complete the test have you tried calling another PC to see if the number presents itself through a softphone? Just covering all angles here to present a super solid case back to Gradwell...
10crawford
Grafter

I could put a call to you if you want to let me have number via ticket or private message
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: RichSmol
Gradwell havent been able to replicate this with your account and with a Camvirox ATA. I've had a look on your account and can see no reason why the CLI should be withheld. I've refreshed your account and forced an update to the Gradwell servers. Can you try again please, hopefully we can uncover something else - also have you made any changes to your account which may of caused this to happen? i.e. changed feature settings on http://voip.plus.net (divert, voicemail etc).

Unfortunately since 11:04 the Flexor 151 can't connect and is returning 'did not recognise Username and password' message. This probably coincided with the account refresh. I had previously change the password so I thought may be after the refresh it had returned to the default. So change it but this did not have any affect. Also I can't get my PDA running Fring to connect but I had to enter the details again and I can't remember what they are. But, when following the link voip.plus.com/login/fring I noticed the user id was accountnumber@newsip is this correct?