cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband phone and new packages

paxy
Grafter

I agree that voip seems to be being quietly dropped.  No minutes on value / unlimited.  Costs against my landline are not competitive either.  Even the bundles are looking quite expensive if you buy them as stand-alone.
http://www.plus.net/residential/phonecalls/broadband/products.shtml
10 REPLIES
RichSmol
Grafter

I've anticipated that there might be some Value or Unlimited customers who may want voip minutes and we'd obviously have to assign a price to the free components (12, 240, 360, 480) but at the moment i've received no such request, but it is early days and im not sure the type of customer who takes a super value or truely unlimited product is actually going to be that bothered about included VoIP minutes. I'm also trying to ensure that we offer VoIP minutes as an optional bolt-on, possibly like the carphonewarehouse pick and mix menu but you can pay £1 for 120 mins and then we can use the existing products we've built onto the gradwell platform and make the best use of them.
Anyway, your all distracting me from the purpose of the thread!.....  Wink
So, in short your happy that gradwell have managed this setback and communicated it in the right way - it seems that the outages have been unavoidable but part of me feels like the right expertise was not available quick enough to mitigate against the outages happening for consecutive weekends. I'll be picking that up with Peter to ensure that they do have the right escalation processes in place with suppliers should they be unable to fix the problems themselves.
Anything else?
Community Veteran

Quote from: Rich
I'm also trying to ensure that we offer VoIP minutes as an optional bolt-on, possibly like the carphonewarehouse pick and mix menu but you can pay £1 for 120 mins and then we can use the existing products we've built onto the gradwell platform and make the best use of them.

With Skype you can get an unlimited country plan for £1.95 per month including the benefits from the plusnet Broadband phone. I wouldn't pay £1 for 120 minutes as a bolt on to a package.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

I've anticipated that there might be some Value or Unlimited customers who may want voip minutes and we'd obviously have to assign a price to the free components (12, 240, 360, 480) but at the moment i've received no such request, but it is early days and im not sure the type of customer who takes a super value or truely unlimited product is actually going to be that bothered about included VoIP minutes.

Rich,
Well, apart from the 18 month contract, the Value product is of interest. The voip minutes is an issue and I wouldnt want to be totally PAYG so an option for the 120 or 240 minutes would be of interest , certainly to me. 
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: Rich
I've anticipated that there might be some Value or Unlimited customers who may want voip minutes and we'd obviously have to assign a price to the free components (12, 240, 360, 480) but at the moment i've received no such request,

Are customers aware that plusnet offers voip on the new price plans?
it seems plusnet voip was ahead of time but now some very very large companies and home users are seeing voip is useful it’s sad that plusnet want to quietly drop the voip service and plusnet want to charge customers the same price as other voip sites.  I always stayed because they were different than other isp.
Do we need to start a campaign to keep voip?
Puddy
johpal
Grafter

I wish to add my voice to the call for retaining VOIP as part of any package. At first, it was an item of curiosity, but now I've bought an IP 'phone and set up my home network, it is becoming an essential, especially with teenagers in the house.
fotobits
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Broadband phone and new packages

I am switching to Plusnet Value and, so far as I can see, only the 120-mins free is being dropped (value £1.80) from Broadband Phone.  Surely this is hardly suprising as Plusnet Value, plus Homephone and VoIP represents extraordinary good value.
Regards........Noel
puddy
Grafter

come on plusnet lets have a reply
puddy
RichSmol
Grafter

VoIP hasnt actually been dropped you get PAYG VoIP with Value and Unlimited, its just been removed from the sales pages to uncomplicate things. Soon we'll start to push the subscription voip products instead and then after that probably look at placing a price on the free components you currently get bundled in with your broadband products.
If your moving to Value or Unlimited (or Pro for that matter) your VoIP account / minutes wont be changed. Its only new customers that can only get PAYG.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

If your moving to Value or Unlimited (or Pro for that matter) your VoIP account / minutes wont be changed. Its only new customers that can only get PAYG.

So just to be absolutely clear here, if I currently get 120 voip mins/month on my account then I will still get those minutes if I change to Value ?
RichSmol
Grafter

yes. You'll keep the same account.