Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Phone has been shutdown

mattewan
Grafter

Broadband Phone has been shutdown

Looks like broadband phone is officially down as of 13:17pm today
Logs from our asterisk PBX:
[Aug 26 12:41:31] NOTICE[12363][C-00003557] Ext. s:  Internal call from "Tracy Davies" <207> to 228
[Aug 26 12:57:49] NOTICE[14149][C-00003558] Ext. s:  Internal call from "PhilR" <230> to 210
[Aug 26 13:17:47] NOTICE[14917] chan_sip.c: Failed to authenticate on REGISTER to '<sip:7930023@sip.gradwell.com>;tag=as425042a4' (tries '3')
[Aug 26 13:18:07] NOTICE[14917] chan_sip.c:    -- Registration for '7930023@sip.gradwell.com' timed out, trying again (Attempt #5)
[Aug 26 13:18:07] NOTICE[14917] chan_sip.c: Failed to authenticate on REGISTER to '<sip:7930023@sip.gradwell.com>;tag=as425042a4' (tries '3')
[Aug 26 13:18:27] NOTICE[14917] chan_sip.c:    -- Registration for '7930023@sip.gradwell.com' timed out, trying again (Attempt #9)
[Aug 26 13:18:32] NOTICE[14917] chan_sip.c: Failed to authenticate on REGISTER to '<sip:7930023@sip.gradwell.com>;tag=as425042a4' (tries '3')
[Aug 26 13:18:47] NOTICE[14917] chan_sip.c:    -- Registration for '7930023@sip.gradwell.com' timed out, trying again (Attempt #13)
[Aug 26 13:18:47] NOTICE[14917] chan_sip.c: Failed to authenticate on REGISTER to '<sip:7930023@sip.gradwell.com>;tag=as425042a4' (tries '3')
11 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Re: Broadband Phone has been shutdown

I was given a nod that the suspension script was being kicked off around 1pm, so I suspect it will have finished by now (if not shortly).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

RobPN
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Unfortunately it appears that I can now no longer log in to the BB Phone page.  Shocked
I don't think that was supposed to happen as an assurance was given on the other thread that people would still be able to access their phone records to download them for archiving for some time after the service closed.  Huh
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: RobPN
Unfortunately it appears that I can now no longer log in to the BB Phone page.   Shocked

That's intentional.
I don't think that was supposed to happen as an assurance was given on the other thread that people would still be able to access their phone records to download them for archiving for some time after the service closed.   Huh

Ah, I assume you mean the post here? Whilst that may have been the intention at the time, we had to take a different approach due to the way we've chosen to suspend customer's accounts. The records do still exist until the end of September, so if you need copies, then we can provide them on request.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

RobPN
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: Bob

Ah, I assume you mean the post here? Whilst that may have been the intention at the time, we had to take a different approach due to the way we've chosen to suspend customer's accounts. The records do still exist until the end of September, so if you need copies, then we can provide them on request.

Yes Bob, that's the one I was referring to.
I had intended to download all the monthly records available when I had time just in case I ever needed to refer to them in the future.  Oh well, never mind, I can probably survive without them.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I don't mind forwarding them to you if you like?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

RealAleMadrid
Pro
Fixes: 7

Bob,  I had £5.66 credit in my account on 24/8/15, I don't think I've used any credit since then but I can't log into the account anymore to check. I also thought the voip logins would stay active for a while to allow call records to be checked etc but apparently not. As I believe I have over £5 credit so I should be getting an automatic refund, I hope this happens in a timely manner but I'm not confident it will.  Wink
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: RealAleMadrid
Bob,  I had £5.66 credit in my account on 24/8/15, I don't think I've used any credit since then but I can't log into the account anymore to check.

Yeah, you've £5.66. The refunds will be sent as a cheque in the post to your registered address. You should be in receipt of it by the end of September (probably much sooner).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

Community Veteran

I still have a dial tone on my VoIP phone, but when I ring my number I get "Sorry, there is a fault. Please try again".
If I try dialling out I get what is probably a "busy signal". I don't use it often, so it isn't a major issue. Just thought I'd mention it...
Robbie
Dabbler

Hi, my VOIP phone went off about the 16th (inc. access to the Broadband phone call page). I never chased it as I knew it was going so switched the phone over to my Sipgate account. I had just over £7 credit on it so I presume that will arrive shortly?
Rob
RobPN
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: Bob
I don't mind forwarding them to you ...

Thanks for the offer Bob, but I'll save you the time by deciding I'll probably not need them.  Smiley
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: Jaggies
I still have a dial tone on my VoIP phone, but when I ring my number I get "Sorry, there is a fault. Please try again".
If I try dialling out I get what is probably a "busy signal". I don't use it often, so it isn't a major issue. Just thought I'd mention it...

For some reason, your extension shows as deleted in Gradwell's systems, so I'm assuming the suspension scripts skipped your VoIP account. Probably explains why outbound calls aren't possible. I've just made a quick change that I suspect will kill your SIP registration within the next hour or so.
Quote from: Robbie
Hi, my VOIP phone went off about the 16th (inc. access to the Broadband phone call page).

That particular problem was resolved the day after.
Quote from: Robbie
I had just over £7 credit on it so I presume that will arrive shortly?

Yes, you can expect it by the end of September.
Thanks for the offer Bob, but I'll save you the time by deciding I'll probably not need them.  Smiley

No worries, let me know if you change your mind.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team