Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Phone Software/Hardware Setup

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Broadband Phone Software/Hardware Setup

Afternoon all,
To support the recently announced Broadband Phone Beta Trials, I thought I'd set up a sticky post to collect examples of software/hardware configurations that are known to work with the service. This should put us in a good position to update our support content when we're ready to fully deploy the platform.
Please post screen-grabs where appropriate and remember to include the name of the software/hardware you are using and the software/firmware version.
**UPDATE 24/07/2009**
Please now consider adding your set-up guides to our Support Library instead of this thread.

[Moderator's note by Adie (Adiewoo) title changed from VoIP Beta Trial Hardware/Software set-up]

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

79 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Re: VoIP Beta Trial Hardware/Software set-up

Seeing as we'll not be migrating any customers across until next week, I'll start the ball rolling...
X-Lite Version 3 build 41150: (Windows)

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

minkey
Grafter

This is my configuration on a DrayTek 2600v
Firmware Version: v2.5.8.3_UK2
HTH
Jeff
kelvinsmith

I have configured X-lite as per the VOIP Beta trial instructions and can make O/G calls to UK landlines OK. If I call the regional phone number the call setup is successful but the transmission is I/C only with the calling number unable to hear. I tried Bobs config but then nothing works. I have disabled Vista firewall and (with help) tried a variety of settings on my Netgear router. Router is DG834N with latest software. Any thoughts please  Huh
Took advice about reverting to x-lite 2 and my transmission problems solved! Grin
petermaughan
Grafter

Configuring the Speedtouch 716 v5 WL was fairly straightforward.  I had to leave Registrar Port set to 5060, as it had been on the old system, and I didn't see that documented anywhere. 
So that was quite pleasing.
I tried to upload screen grabs as attachements but got timed out (as usual).
When you have all finished playing with your shiney new VOIP toy, perhaps somebody could tell me why I still get timeouts when doing FTP to my webspace (reported elsewhere).  It's my guess that Free-Online customers arrive at your site through their former connection and then get re-routed to PlusNet through a very slow interconnect that is not up to it. (But that is just a guess).
Peter
Ksenos

If anyone else is trying to use SJ Phone is quite helpful as we are using their product!
Edit: shortened URL
Ianwild
Grafter

We have just figured out an interesting thing about the problem on Xlite, whereby there is no outbound audio on inbound non sip calls. If you press and unpress the 'hold' button in the software, two way audio is restored and the rest of the call is fine.  Roll eyes
I have been able to replicate this in X-lite, but it's not a problem that occurs in any of the other clients or hardware phones I have tried today. As such, it looks like it may be a very odd bug, and I think it's more likely to be an issue with X-lite then it is with the new Voip service.
So far the best word we have found to describe this is: Random. If anyone has any ideas, we'd love to hear them!
We just enabled another 100 people onto the trial by the way, and all those luckly people will be given 50p credit gratis!
Ian
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Does look like X-lite, there's a similar thread over on the X-lite support forum here from someone using Sipgate.
RichSmol
Grafter

An update from Gradwell re: audio issues
"we believe this issue is with the xlite software. It appears that the latest version release has actually broken a number of things.
I am performing some investigations for you, and will keep this ticket open. In the mean time, I would suggest using an older version of xlite."
My suggestion is to go to this link and download v2 (older version) of xlite - worked first time for me
http://www.voipuser.org/forum_topic_6405.html
darrenmc

Anybody got any settings for an asterisk (trixbox) server?
Cheers,
Darren
ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Speedtouch 716wl settings no problems.
Firmwear 5.4.0.11
[font=Verdana]AND 0.50p CREDIT[/font]
Ian
bubbleboy

Got my E65 working with the new plustalk service brilliant have been waiting to get this setup woking fo ages well done
Ash07
Dabbler

Grandstream Budgetone 100 - All ok Smiley
Product Model: BT100 REV 2.0
Software Version: Program-- 1.0.8.33 Bootloader-- 1.1.0.1 HTML-- 1.0.8.33 VOC-- 1.0.1.0
Full config posted as not sure what the defaults were! Also, phone has static IP with gateway and DNS pointing to router with no firewall modifications needed.
jimmyl

Hello
Trying to set up my Siemens S450IP phones and falling at the first hurdle.
To get it to work on the old PlusNet phone system you had to use the server IP address and Proxy IP address does anyone have them?  I have tried reverse lookup but they don't seem to work
Thanks
Ash07
Dabbler

jimmyl... Try
Name:    sip2.plus.net
Address:  193.111.200.56
Name:    nat.plus.net
Address:  194.165.60.134