cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Phone Setup Issue

keithanderson
Dabbler

I'd be very interested in a second line for the broadband (VOIP?) phone - but I'd like to get the original line working first! Having installed the SJ soft phone (apparently correctly according to the support team) I get the "service unavailable authentication failed" message. Numerous calls to the support team have failed to resolve this issue - please help!
21 REPLIES
keithanderson
Dabbler

Voip service not working - correct password etc - any ideas why it's not workingHuh? Have checked firewall - please help!
keithanderson
Dabbler

Re: VOIP Problems today?

New user here - I can't get the softphone to work password/username/account seem ok - don't know why but I get the service unavailable authentication failed message - any ideas anybody?Huh
RichSmol
Grafter

Re: VOIP Problems today?

I've reset both your registering device and the portal login to a new password and everything seems fine now. I've emailed the new password to your inbox so please use that one going forward. If you want to change the password to something more personal then please use the 'SIP device' password field in the 'Account overview' section and also change your portal login under the 'contact details' section to the same thing. it can be confusing but these 2 passwords can be different.
Let me know if you have any further issues!
cheers
Rich
keithanderson
Dabbler

Re: Broadband Phone Setup Issue

Thanks for getting back to me, I've tried the new password, but still get authentication failed when I type this as the password for account 221194 for the softphone - no change at my end yet.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Hi, two things to note , if that number is your sip id then I would edit the post and blank it out, secondly your sip id should be seven digits not six.
Hope that helps
keithanderson
Dabbler

Thanks for that, will look for a seven digit number
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

It should be quoted as your sip id in the email.
I'd be very interested in a second line for the broadband (VOIP?) phone - but I'd like to get the original line working first!

Not quite sure what you are asking for here with a second line.
You can register 2 devices at the same time and therefore make 2 voip calls simultaneously. You still only have 1 geographical number allocated and both registered devices will ring for incoming calls.
Does that help with what you want to do ?
Fixes: 101

[Moderator's note by Adie (Adiewoo) I split that post to highlight the issue keithanderson was having]
Will Moderate For Thanks
keithanderson
Dabbler

Thanks! have found the right number and inputted and it works!! Now I'm just dealing with a reverb issue - thanks for the advice.
On the 2 lines issue will look into that next.
keithanderson
Dabbler

Thanks one and all - have sorted the 2nd use of VoIP (1st still has reverb issues, but that may be the set up at this end).
keithanderson
Dabbler

Is it possible to withhold caller ID with VoIP ?? If so, how?
itsme
Grafter

Yes, a tick box can be found in the control panel. Go to http://voip.plus.net or you can do it on each call  by prefixing 141. You might found this page useful https://portal.gradwell.net/support.php/knowledgebase/view/category_id/9/article_id/316. Another option is that you can have the CLI changed to be the same as your normal landline. This require a ticket to be raised.
keithanderson
Dabbler

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out. I'm also trying to set up a second voip account - I've been advised that the best way is to set up a seperate business account for PAYG. I've received the link (doesn't work) and when I try to input my new plusnet email (voip@kerryhow.plus.com) address I'm told that it has not been registered - please help!
I'm also trying to register as Kerry How on the community site, but am not being allowed as it says the email address is in use. I'm trying to use the same email address for Kerry How as for Keith Anderson - is this ok or is this the reason I'm having difficulties registering?Huh
RichSmol
Grafter

I had some problems adding this account on Friday so i'll take a look at this for you. Could you let me know via this thread what prefix you would like your CLI to be in?
cheers
Rich