Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ban a number from calling VoIP phone

jbatt
Grafter

Ban a number from calling VoIP phone

Hi
I have a company trying to scam be in to advertising with a childrens charity
I need to ban the number on my VoIP phone. Anyway way I can do this?
Also, under my voip account, this number comes under un-billed. What is un-billed?
Thanks
James
www.computerblues.co.uk
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Ban a number from calling VoIP phone

As far as I can tell, it's not possible for us to ban particular numbers from calling you from our side, but it might be possible in your soft phone / ATA.
Un billed calls are recent calls that have been made but have not yet been confirmed and deducted from your balance.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Re: Ban a number from calling VoIP phone

Un billed calls are recent calls that have been made but have not yet been confirmed and deducted from your balance.

That's probably true on Home Phone but I don't think it's the way it works on BB Phone.
I believe all calls made show on the un-billed list until your monthly billing date. I think they will still affect your credit balance or free minutes balance.
For instance I have 1 call since my billing date, made on the 2nd August,  on my unbilled list of 1:09 minutes and my Minutes remaining is shown as 118:51. The only calls on the Billed Calls list are from previous billing months.
As Ben says there is no way to ban calls unless your equipment can do it. However BB Phone and most voip equipment will support CLI and I don't think there's any reason why you cant register your Voip number with TPS if appropriate.