cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Versatility System & VOIP

grovep
Dabbler

BT Versatility System & VOIP

Has anyone had any success in getting Plusnet VOIP working on this telephone system with the braodband plus module?
Has anyone had any success in getting voip phones/adaptors to work other than BT V-IP PHONE?
5 REPLIES
RichSmol
Grafter

Re: BT Versatility System & VOIP

The best bet would be to list out the settings your presented with and we'll see where we get to. Traditionally BT kit is locked so you may find that you need to telnet into the router to change some of these settings - list what you can see and we'll take it from there....
grovep
Dabbler

I am not in front of the system at the moment but from memory using the web interface you do not have access to change the user domain and sip proxy.  I did try using Hyper Terminal but got as far as the login screen but no further - probable due to my lack of knowledge using Hyper Terminal / Telnet / emulation rather than anything else.
RichSmol
Grafter

Sounds to me like the unit is locked to BT settings within the firmware - a few months ago we managed to get a BT v220 which was locked to BT working with our platform. It took some time but we hacked the source code of the UI and 'injected' the plusnet settings. Its dirty but got the job done - not sure if your able to use the same process and i'm not sure what the complete process was last time either.
cinet

Hi
I have managed to get my bt versatility working.
I found a work around by using a plugin on firefox which shows hidden fields on the configuration site.
In firefox choose Tools > Add On's > Search for Unhide fields and install it.
Once loaded use firefox to navigate to the web config site and select Voip from the left hand side, then choose change advanced voip setting link towards the bottom. On that screen right click anywhere and choose "Show Hidden Fields"
and as if by magic this will allow you to permanently change the userdomain and proxy.
I've included a screen shot of my settings which work perfectly.
If you need any other help, please reply and i'll see what i can do.
Cheers
Paul
grovep
Dabbler

Wow - That is a far more elegant solution compared to what I did - I backed up the settings, edited them using notepad and then restored them.  I will have to try Firefox.  What is your experience with the system & voip?  Does the broadband module crash sometimes?  Have you tried feeding in voip to the analogue lines via an adapter/gateway?