cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Gradwell closed?

puddy
Grafter

Are Gradwell closed?

I know its the holiday time but I have not seen any replies to problems from gradwell for a while.
How long will we have to wait?  I have a problems with dead sounds when connecting a call so cannot use the service at present.  Some people I have called have put the phone down on me because of this.
Have Gradwell pulled out now? If not when will my problem be fixed?  I have invested over £180 of equipment so I could make use of my free voip call allowance and I am not very happy.
puddy Sad
siemens 460 dect ip phone plus 3 handsets
Grandstream GXP4800
Linksys pap2-na adapter
5 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Re: Are Gradwell closed?

Hi Puddy,
Whilst I'm afraid that I don't have the answer to your problems, Gradwell certainly haven't closed and I've been seeing Service Status updates from them over the Christmas period, including, I believe, one on Christmas Day.
puddy
Grafter

Jake used to answer all out gradwell voip problems but I have not seen anything from him here for a long time.
Not sure what else to do until he comes back
puddy Undecided
siemens 460 ip dect phone x3
linksys pap2-na
grandstream gxp 2000
speedtouch 716wl v5 router
James
Grafter

Bob/Ian/Rich might be around tomorrow and they may well be able to help you out to an extent.
I'm afraid that I'm not much use as I don't use the service.
Have you tried PMing Jake or one of the above to see if they are about?
puddy
Grafter

We have all been told not to PM Jake
Will wait until Jake comes back from his xmas break (boy will he be busy)
Puddy
ps bob spot on so perhaps he can take a look for me?
cp:blue Please do not quote the full preceding post. mod:end
RichSmol
Grafter

Puddy, i've requested some further info in your other thread  regarding delay in audio on outbound calls.
Re: Gradwell support - we are now trying to get to the stage that we, PlusNet, are beginning to resolve any queries which we receive (or as much as possible), therefore Jake has been advised not to persue such an active role on our forums - its not his job to do so, he was merely helping us out to aid the development of the initial phases of the trial and any individual teething problems. Unfortunately, your stuck with us for the time being - Gradwell will continue to be our second line support so anything we cant solve we will pass to Gradwell but we need to ensure that the information passed to them represents a significant step forward in the diagnostics process. i.e. contains as much useful info as possible so they dont have to start from scratch.
Could you please advise which device you are experiencing ths problem with? i.e. does this only occur through your Grandstream, Siemans DECT phone or PAP2 device?
Does this occur on every type of call? i.e. have you tried calling another Gradwell geographic number (this acts like a SIP to SIP call) to see if the problem can be replicated there?
As stated in the other thread - this is definately a hardware related issue, maybe some pieces of kit which are conflicting causing a delay in audio....Provide some further info and i'll raise the case with Gradwell.