cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Voicemail box?

NJH

Additional Voicemail box?

Probably a silly question, but I've just installed SJPhone on a second PC, and am wondering whether it's possible to set up a different voicemail box from my original one?
In an ideal world messages to this second box could be forwarded to a different email address from the original one. Is this possible (and what Username / extension number etc would I use?
Thanks,
njh
3 REPLIES
RichSmol
Grafter

Re: Additional Voicemail box?

I've raised a ticket to our suppliers on your behalf, in practise i think some of this is possible. I think we can:
-create another extension on your account which sits underneath your pstn number meaning you could authenticate against either of those extensions
-each of those extensions would have a separate PIN number although we cannot guarantee that you get twice the amount of mailbox space
I dont think you will be able to assign a different username to the additional extension on single line accounts - thats a feature of the centrex accounts offered by Gradwell which we hope to offer, hopefully, sometime towards the end of this year.
Until i get a firm response from Gradwell this is all theoretical though  Undecided
cheers
Rich
RichSmol
Grafter

a quick response from Gradwell - unfortunetaly, you 'should' only get a single extension per account and anything different willl probably cause problems later down the line for us to be honest (for instance, our internal systems only have the capability to show a single extension at one time for single line accounts because thats how they are designed to work).
There is also a problem with the voicemail allocation per account which becomes a bit screwy when you have mutliple extensions attached to single line accounts.
So, sorry, it doesnt look like its possible but centrex accounts will definitely provide this feature in the future.
NJH

Many thanks for the quick response, Rich
Njh