cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating Business VoIP?!?

Zico
Grafter

Activating Business VoIP?!?

I signed my father up with Plusnet on the Business Broadband Option 2 plan last week and finally got the router hooked up earlier this evening.
Now I want to setup the VoIP option that we are supposed to get with the plan (360 min's) but I can't for the life of me find where to activate this on the Members screen.
Can somebody please point me to where I can get the VoIP activated please before I go Crazy!!
In addition to the above, I am also looking to get a standalone VoIP phone for my father to use (standalone as he won't have a permanent PC present at the business). Must be relatively easy to use for a 56yr old to understand Cheesy
23 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

Re: Activating Business VoIP?!?

I would have thought it is in the same place as for Residential accounts on the Account Details menu  under My Account. (Login required).
Mine is here.
Hopefully someone with a Business account can confirm.
Zico
Grafter

Hi again Anotherone.
Orbrey (Matthew Taylor) responded to an identical post that I made on the Thinkbroadband Forums.
His answer:
Hi there,
Sorry about that - not sure why the option to add the PAYG VoIP isn't showing there. Once you've logged in and clicked 'phone calls' at the top the option to buy VoIP is shown though on following that link there's no way to add the PAYG service. We've raised a problem on that.
In the mean time if you raise a ticket on that account at http://contactus.plus.net our business support team will add this for you, it should activate within 24 hours or so.
Hope that helps.

I'm going to log a ticket now and hopefully things will be sorted out.
Still interested in finding a good, easy to use, standalone VoIP phone to get. This will be in addition to the existing landline. My thinking is that if my dad has 360 inclusive minutes then why not use them and hopefully save a few quid on his landline call bill.
The landline is currently with XLN Telecom *spit* but that may change in the future.
Zico
Grafter

Ticket 60966951 raised.
Community Veteran

XLN Telecom  Shocked yikes I hope you are not still in contract to them, they will screw you for what they can, if they do their dirty tricks and you complain, people have reported that they don't respond and months later you hear from the debt collectors - well that's what I've read over on MSE. Best of British luck.
Zico
Grafter

I don't know when my dad moved the line over to XLN but it's probably been a good few years ago.
I've read around and seen the rubbish that they got up to and that is why I would prefer to get the landline shifted over elsewhere. It's only because of the 42 notice period to leave that we didn't switch over to PlusNet at the same time as ordering the DSL.
I'm just grateful that my dad didn't get DSL from them as well.
Community Veteran

Phew, good job there. I presume you've looked at Plusnet's prices (and the impending rises, costs of Line Features etc).
Zico
Grafter

Yes.
I've looked at business packages but I am doubtful that the landline will be ready to move this year. Simply put I haven't had enough time (due to my own work commitments) to give notice to XLN and prepare myself for any crap they might try and pull.
I put through the DSL on itself as my dad is a little impatient at times and wanted the broadband up asap. Moving the landline is not much of a concern for him, but that’s probably because so far, there haven’t been any problems.
One thing that I may be able to use to my advantage is that I work for the Local County Council and sit about 20ft from the Trading Standards section. I'm planning to have a chat with them before I write to XLN giving notice.
Community Veteran

Nice one, I like. When you do go ahead and do it, dig up this thread and give us an update on how it goes  Wink
Zico
Grafter

Need to bump this up.
My logged Question #60966951 is still un-resolved.
VoIP is activated but only as PAYG and doesn't include the inclusive minutes from the BBO2 package Sad.
Also still after recommendations for a standalone VoIP phone Cheesy
Zico
Grafter

Morning Cheesy
Had an answer to my ticket to say that the inclusive minutes have been added. I can't check things have been sorted out as the voip.plus.net site appears to be down at the moment Sad.
**Edit**
Strange.... things appear to be working now. I've now got the inclusive minutes added Cheesy Thanks Steve Lockley @ Plusnet!
Zico
Grafter

Ordered a Gigaset C610 IP phone to use with the VoIP.
http://gigaset.com/hq/en/product/GIGASETC610IP.html
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

That should work fine. There's a few of us on here with Gigaset IP phones so if you have any queries , shout up!.
Zico
Grafter

Thanks MisterW.
Ordered from BroadbandBuyer for £80.88. Should be with me by mid week.
Zico
Grafter

Took delivery of the Gigaset C610H and N300ip set yesterday.
Took me a few minutes to get the base station setup and after that I was pretty much up and running.
The only thing that has stumped me so far is where/how to add in the local dial code (01227) so that my father doesn't need to keep entering it Cheesy