cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account set up?

martinjlong1978

Account set up?

I have the Broadband Phone 120 included in my package. However, when I try and administer this I get sent to the login page:
https://portal.plus.net/plustalk/index.php?page=net_my_account
Which asks me for an email address, and password. I have not signed up to anything using an email/password, nor is any way given of registering them. I've tried my account's registered email address, and password, but these do not work. I've also tried the 'forgotten password' link, but this just tells me that the email address was not found.
What has happened. How can I administer my account, and access my 120 inclusive minutes?
Why is the interface not more intuitive?
7 REPLIES
Plusnet Alumni (retired) orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Account set up?

Hi there,
If it's the portal login you're referring to, you should log in with your account username (the one you use in your router, but without the @plusdsl.net bit) and same password. If it's the login for the Broadband Phone control panel, these should be in the email you were sent when your broadband phone was activated.
I hope that helps, please let me know if not.
itsme
Grafter

Believe the OP is trying to activate has broadband phone account so would not have received the email.
Plusnet Alumni (retired) orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@itsme: No, the component is already active on his account.
@martin: from the way you're logging in, you'll need to log in to the members centre (that will be your account username as I stated above) and then click on the broadband phone icon in my account. However that just takes you to http://voip.plus.net - you can go straight to that link and log in using the email address to which your Broadband Phone activation email was sent, and the password contained within that email.
Hope that helps,
nrpowell

Hi,
Sorry to hijack the this thread but I have the same problem.
I activated the broadband phone using the link on account details.
However when I try to log on to http://voip.plus.net I get a message saying details not found.  I tried requesting my password again using my plusnet email address and also with the one I set up as my default email.  Both come up no details found.
I dont appear to have received a 'broadband phone activation' email which you mentioned.
Do I have to wait for that to arrive before I try and login ?
Latest Update :  After a bit more digging, it appears an automated response was generated in the 'my questions' section of plusnets website when I activated 'Broadband phone'.  It explains that it could take 24 hours to activate and that I will receive an email in due course. Thats fine with me but it would be useful to advise users of this fact directly on the webpage or email this message.
Mark5
Dabbler

Quote from: nrpowell
Hi,
Sorry to hijack the this thread but I have the same problem.
I activated the broadband phone using the link on account details.
However when I try to log on to http://voip.plus.net I get a message saying details not found.  I tried requesting my password again using my plusnet email address and also with the one I set up as my default email.  Both come up no details found.

Same issue for me. I have been registered since 2006 and can see my account details under https://www.plus.net/plustalk/index.php?page=itemised_billing on the normal plus.net site no problems.
But when I try and log on at voip.plus.net my username and password are rejected and are also not found when I ask for an email reminder.
After chatting to Richard at Tech Support to confirm I had the right login email and password (which I did), he, too, could not log on with his own credentials (although a password reminder did work for him), after which he suggested I post in the forum to ask for help.
Any ideas?
Thanks guys....
PS - the account is 'mvening' registered originally on freeonline
(Mods - would be happy to post in separate thread, but thought this one was close enough, just let me know if you want me to repost)
nrpowell

Latest Update : As promised I did get an email advising me of my account details.
I downloaded x-lite as it appeared more feature rich, keyed in all the details and it worked first time.
I'm a very happy bunny.  Thanks.
RichieC

Hi
I had the same problem as you guys when I tried to add credit to my account. I contacted PlusNet by phone (0114 296 519Cool and was told that a new login needs to be set up to access my broadband account. If you phone PlusNet they will raise a 'ticket' on your account and contact you by email to setup the login.
Hope this helps,
Richie.
Smiley