Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aastra 480i was working

rockyhorror
Grafter

Aastra 480i was working

Dearest Group,
My Aastra 480i VOIP phone was working until I changed to the beta trial. All that I am now able to do is call 123, echo test and the voicemail service.
If I try a PSTN number I get an engaged tone, if I try my VOIP number from a PSTN I get sent straight to the voicemail.
The proxy, outbound and registrar servers are all set to sip2.plus.net on port 5060. If I make any reference to nat.plus.net on port 5082 the phone then totally stops working.
I have even put the phone on the DMZ to see if I am inadvertantly blocking a  port. BTW the phone has a setting for the NAT IP which has been historically set as my static IP.
TIA
17 REPLIES
RichSmol
Grafter

Re: Aastra 480i was working

Can you please provide me with a screenshot of your settings and i'll have a look through and see whats going on? I've had a look through your account and cant see anything glaringly obvious which might be causing you any issues. Please ensure that your password and personal information is protected when you add the screenshot (**).
cheers
Rich
rockyhorror
Grafter

Hi,
thanks for the reply.
Attached two screenshots.
Ianwild
Grafter

Can you try with your Outbound proxy set as nat.plus.net with port 5082? Here's my working settings.
Ian
rockyhorror
Grafter

Hi,
Thank you for the reply.
Gave that a go, however symptoms remain the same.
Regards
Richard
rockyhorror
Grafter

Oh, by the way. I don't have a problem using Sipgate.
My problem is giving exactly the same symptoms except no voicemail: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,57991.0.html
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Just searched for and had a quick look at the manual , have you tried setting the 'Nat Port' to 5082 in the 'Advanced Network Settings' together with outbound proxy on port 5082.
rockyhorror
Grafter

Thank you for taking the time to reply.
I tried that but it made no difference.
I hoping that the gurus at PN might be able to find an answer.....

Richard
RichSmol
Grafter

The first thing I would check is to ensure that you have the most up-to-date forimware, try a factory reset then re-enter the details you've added above.
Once you've done that, give us a shout and if your still having issues I'll raise a case with our suppliers.
The latest Firmware should be from June 2007:
http://www.aastratelecom.com/cps/rde/xchg/SID-3D8CCB73-C1565988/03/hs.xsl/21808.htm
rockyhorror
Grafter

Hi,
yes, I have been doing my testing on the latest firmware and I can confirm it made no difference.
Many thanks
Richard
RichSmol
Grafter

i've raised a case with Gradwell, hopefully we can get this sorted for you asap. I'll post back here as soon as I hear anything.
cheers
Rich
RichSmol
Grafter

I've got word back from Gradwell - unfortunately, it seems that this Aastra piece of kit is not one which is supported by them (yet) as no-one seems to use the kit at all and its not a piece of kit which they've needed to test. All the settings look to be correct and Gradwell are certain that this is a hardware issue and not an account related issue.
I can register your account with a softphone and make calls successfully which would signify that its the hardware thats at fault.
So, im sorry to say that your best bet would be to contact the Vendor directly and forward the same screenshots you've provided here.
rockyhorror
Grafter

Thank you for you reply.
What I would be interested in is why the phone works OK with the 'old' PN VOIP service and Sipgate?
The old phone can't be all bad can it!?

Regards,
Richard
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Since it worked before ( and it works on Sipgate ) it's likely to be a configuration issue.
Have you seen this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,57991.0.html
especially the last post. Try swapping the data in the 'caller id' and 'phone no' field so that the 'phone no' has your sip id.
Just a thought but might be worth a try.
puddy
Grafter

Because you have been given loads of settings to mess a round try re-setting the phone and start again
Screen Name =blank
Phone number= blank
Auth Name= id given in trial
Password=given in trial
BLa=blank
Line mode=sip if you can select or generic
Proxy server=nat.plus.net
Proxy port=5082
Backup proxy server=nat.plus.net
Backup proxy server=5082
Outbound proxy server=sip2.plus.net
Outbound proxy port=5070
Registrar server=sip2.plus.net
Registrar port=5070
Backup registrar server =sip2.plus.net
Backup registrar port=5071
Registration period 3600
DTMF Method= RTP or audio rfc2833 or sip info
RTP port =5010
Network settings should be left alone the router should take care of these
The phone may not show as registered stright a way my siemens took 30 minutes to show registered
Network settings should be left alone the router should take care of these
I agree with you if it works on sipgate it should work on Plusnet unless the phone as come from a call centre
puddy