cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A580 IP Problems

kayakrage

A580 IP Problems

I've setup my A580 IP using the account settings sent with my BB phone order and they appear to match what others have used.  Although natproxy doesn't work for me.  However I've had a couple of problems:
1) Using the PlusNet router I'm able to make calls out using VOIP  However, after a few rings it crashes the router and loses connection.  Just occasionally I'm able to receive calls but often I'm just put straight through to the voice mail.
2) Using another router I'm able to make calls out using VOIP but I'm unable to receive them.  All I get is the voice mail message.
Everything seems ok using SJPhone so the settings must be ok.
Any ideas?  Do I need to open up a specific port on the router?
Thanks in advance for any replies.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Re: A580 IP Problems

Hi and welcome to the forums.
Although natproxy doesn't work for me

That's odd, natproxy.plus.net:5082 is the correct setting for the Outbound proxy.
Do I need to open up a specific port on the router?

You shouldn't need to with an Outbound proxy configured
The TG585v7 has some flaws in its implementation of a SIP ALG and so it's best disabled, see here for details http://www.seriousmatters.co.cc/blog/?p=117, although I would have expected it to cause a problem with SjPhone as well. It could possibly be that the A580IP has a slightly different response than SjPhone under some circumstances and that is causing problems in the 'broken' SIP ALG.
If disabling the SIP ALG doesn't help, then can you post the sip settings your are using on the A580 ( blank out any sensitive information such as sip id/password since this is a public forum ) and we can check them over.
kayakrage

Thanks MisterW
After rechecking the settings I'd forgotten to set the outbound proxy.  The moral is never try and do anything remotely technical with the kids around and your knackered. Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

That would explain the incoming calls failing.
Does it still have problems with the PlusNet TG585 router ?