cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Couple of Questions about the VOiP Products/numbering.

DirectFS
Grafter

A Couple of Questions about the VOiP Products/numbering.

Hi All
I'm considering BBP as an option for further lines, rather than the expense of another fixed line.
I saw elsewhere mentioned the possibility of adding a second geo number to the package.  Is this still the case?
Another question - how is the geographical number allocated - can I choose, for example a number with my local STD, and assuming the second number is still available, a London STC, for example - so I might appear to have a physical presense in two places.
Third question, probably fairly obvious - assuming the first number has the anytime package, does the second number need another anytime package, or is it applied to both with one £5 fee?
Final  question, assume I forward both numbers to a mobile indefinitely - so people calling my numbers divert straight to my mobile, (a) is the diversion seemless (i.e. transparent to the caller), and (b) how much do I pay for the diverted portion of the call - I'm assuming like any diversion, I would pay the outgoing/diverted leg of the call.
Reason I'm asking is because I rather need the notion of geographical numbers, but do not necessarily have fixed lines where I will be.  Most of the services I've seen so far charge a bomb to achieve what to me should be fairly simple.
Thanks.....
5 REPLIES
itsme
Grafter

Re: A Couple of Questions about the VOiP Products/numbering.

1. PN need to answer as I'm not sure whether the offer for a second PSTN number is still running.
2. You can choose any number.
3. See 1.
4. Diversion is seemless with the option of the caller CLI being passed over. Yes you will pay for the diverted part believe mobile rate is 15ppm.
Have you looked at www.sipgate.co.uk ; you can set up a couple of numbers without any costs until you want to make calls.
Community Veteran

You can get your geographic numbers with different area codes and call forwarding using Skype.
I have the same system you describe set up in my Skype account.
Yahoo voice also offer as similar service althought he choich of geaographic area codes is rather  limited.
itsme
Grafter

Why forward to Skype? If you have internet connection so Skype work surely you can use the VoIP geographical numbers without forwarding and incurring a divert charge.
Community Veteran

Yes of course, but the call forwarding is an option if required
ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Hi
Just to mention the plus net VOIP is a free add on to broadband, it is not a business grade platfom. I would not run my business on a ropey domestic FOC addon.
IAn