cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

503 error

puddy
Grafter

503 error

I am getting the 503 error again and received an e-mail saying my account is overdrawn.  I only had just used 90 minutes
When I looked in my account I have not got the full 240 free minutes the same thing happened again last week and extra 240 free minutes were added again. So should have been given 8 hours of calling time
Any idea?
puddy
7 REPLIES
RichSmol
Grafter

Re: 503 error

I've raised and escalated this up the chain of command at Gradwell, so i'll keep you in the loop - it looks like this may require some developer time to fix the problem.
Your account currently has no credit so you'll be unable to make any calls to any other numbers apart from 01/02 numbers until we resolve this - i'll be happy to provide some goodwill credit once it is sorted. If I add it now it could potentially make it more difficult for Gradwell support to see the issues. Sorry to impose this on you.
I suspect that the account is failing to identify which is a chargeable call and which is an inclusive minutes call.
cheers
Rich
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: RichSmol
Your account currently has no credit so you'll be unable to make any calls to any other numbers apart from 01/02 numbers until we resolve this - i'll be happy to provide some goodwill credit once it is sorted. cheers
Rich

I only ever call 01/20 numbers and at the momment I cannot make any calls
HELP
Regards
Michael
(Account jillweekes)
RichSmol
Grafter

Received a response from Gradwell and unearthed a couple of things which need some investigation here - the main problem will most probably apply to all other users on the trial as well so it is being looked at as a priority.
Issue 1 - the credit balance should not be allowed to go into negative credit. Thats with one of the Gradwell developers as we speak.
Issue 2 - There seems to be some 'system confusion' over the billing dates and usage allowance counter. At the moment (this is a known issue) the usage allowances reset at the end of the month but your calls are billed as per your PlusNet billing month. In this instance, calls after your PlusNet billing date should come from a full amount of minutes (with the counter reset). As the minutes allowance is resetting at the end of the month it would appear that you have actually gone over your minutes allowance.
Again, i'm in discussions with Gradwell to discuss how we can get round this. i.e. Where customers join the trial they receive a proportion of their minutes allowance based around when they join the trial (pro-rata) and the minutes reset on the PlusNet billing date. Its a significant rework of the billing system but ultimately, if we dont fix this then when we move away from the trial and into full switchover customers will receive a seperate invoice for VoIP - our business model is to have as much as we can coming from a single payment.
Hope this clears things up. As we know this is a generic issue I've added some goodwill credit to your account while this is being looked at.
cheers
Rich
RichSmol
Grafter

some more thoughts,
If we move all customers to the PlusNet billing month (resetting the minutes on the same day) we could just do away with any pro-rata minutes policy and just provide the full product design allowance - it'll only affect the first month anyway until the PlusNet billing date is reached. Maximum exposure - user on Broadband Phone 240 has a billing date of the 15th, joins the VoIP service on 14th and has a full 240 minutes to use before being replenished. Not a massive exposure given the amount of work it will probably take to build part-month allowances.
puddy
Grafter

as my account been billing me for calls which should have been free?
Just wonder why I am not getting me 240 minutes a month.  Remember I have only called 01/02 number looking at Jan calls I have used only 1:30 min.  With all these 50p being added I should be able to make up to 12 hours of calling time or do they not roll over.
Why is my account going overdrawn?
Puddy
(account jillweekes)
RichSmol
Grafter

Your account should not be going overdrawn so this is being investigated by one the Gradwell developers.
Unfortunately, unused allowance minutes will not roll over so when you hit your month end the counter will simply reset to the product design amount - it seems that you have reached the maximum allowance if you take the minutes counter month to be 1st to the 31st (not your PlusNet billing month). Its a design fault which we're in the process of addressing.
cheers
Rich
RichSmol
Grafter

Gradwell have made a short term tweak to your account which will allow you to make outgoing calls to 01/02 numbers. The negative credit issue is still being investigated - seems like this one is hiding deep within the core code base. I'll get back to you as soon as I hear any further update.
Cheers
Rich