Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3cx Phone for Android

g1dtf
Dabbler

3cx Phone for Android

Hi
I have 3Cx Phone for android which has been working ok. I have not used it for a while and have since updated to fibre and it is no longer making outgoing calls. It seems to register ok and shows On Hook but when I try to make a call it fails. The call icon turns red as I press to dial but then immediately goes out and returns to the house icon. Incoming calls work fine.
Thanks
Phil.
10 REPLIES
Fixes: 101

Re: 3cx Phone for Android

never tried 3Cx, but CSipSimple is working fine on my phone with fibre.
can you post your settings?
Will Moderate For Thanks
g1dtf
Dabbler

Here are my profile settings
Name  -  Plusnet
Display Name  -  Plusnet
User  -  *******
ID  -  *******
Password  -  **********
Local PBX IP  -  sip.plus.net
External PBX IP  -  sip.plus.net
PBX Port  -  5060
STUN Server -
Proxy  -  nat.plus.net:5082
Registers fine and incoming calls are ok but all outgoing calls fail immediately. I am however able to call my voicemail using *1.

your proxy should be natproxy.plus.net
Will Moderate For Thanks
RPMozley
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

That shouldn't matter "dvorak", both point to the same server IP at natproxy.gradwell.net
I think "g1dtf" is hitting the stupid ACL barring that's been recently introduced (well, relatively recently). You'll have to log in to your VoIP control panel and manually add your current internet IP address to get outgoing calls to work.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

The ACL barring seems to have changed (recently?) in that it now doesn't bar UK Landline calls, only international and premium rate. So it shouldn't be that causing the problem. It could be the 'no credit' issue though...

there should be an email for the no credit though?
Will Moderate For Thanks
g1dtf
Dabbler

I am on the legacy broadband phone 240 which has 240 mins inclusive call credit of which I have used ) due to inability to make any calls. It also shows the account with the 0.50p credit too. I have raised a ticket to get things checked out to see if it is account and credit related, maybe things got messed up when I switched to fibre. I have also fired up an old laptop which had a working setup of x-lite but get the message "Call failed - PSTN access unavailable for current account."
sallyross

I've been following the forums for a while, since my iPhone Fring stopped supporting sip for free.  I would apply the credit they ask for, but doubt all my settings are saved, and I have since been unable to successfully register any other softphone.  I am trying with 3CX on iPhone right now.
User: my 7 digit extension (which by the way starts with "7" and I tried dropping to 6 digit version just for hell of it).
ID: same as User.
Local PBX IP: sip.plus.net (and tried  sip2 variant which resolves to same IP).
PBX port: 5060
Proxy: nat.plus.net:5082 (and tried other variants that resolve to same IP)
Not sure if other settings and defaults relevant but can provide.
Understand router settings shouldn't matter, but tried from LTE connection just in case, with no success.
Sorry to add to the conversation and maybe confusion.  Not sure if any recent post resolving all this that I am missing.  I recall same frustration first time I configured Fring 2 years ago.  Few dollars to reactive Fring SIP would be fine, except the frustration if it doesn't work might drive me crazy.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

@sallyross,
My 3CX configuration ( admittedly on Android ) has External PBX IP:  sip.plus.net NOT Local PBX IP.
The other possibility is that, if not used for some time, your PN voip account may no longer be active...
RPMozley
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Local PBX used to work with sip/2.plus.net but since gradwell did all those changes recently, it won't register with error 'Moved Temporarily'. You need to set External PBX as MisterW has suggested and set the 'Use as' to 'SIP Account' rather than the default 'In Office'.
Or of course it's the other thing MisterW said, account inactive!