Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3CX Softphone

badbetty
Grafter

3CX Softphone

Hello folks
I wonder if anyone on the forum can help please; Plusnet Customer Support suggested I post here when I sent them a support ticket for configuration of a softphone I like to use. It is the 3CX softphone.  I have it working fine with Sipgate, but I am wanting to migrate to using Plusnet VOIP services.
I seem to get 'invalid pin' no matter what settings I enter (I am using all the correct plusnet details).
I have attached a config screen that I need to complete for plusnet - it is currently showing my Sipgate settings.
It would be appreciated if anyone of knowledge could let me know what I need to fill in where for Plusnet settings in this config.
Thank you for your interest if you have read this post.

6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Re: 3CX Softphone

Not familiar with 3CX but I'll give it a try.
Extension: Your PlusNet 7 digit Sip ID
ID : Your PlusNet 7 digit Sip ID
Password: Your PlusNet Sip password ( note that it can be different from your voip control panel password! )
IP of your PBX/Sip Server: sip.plus.net
Use Outbound Proxy : 'checked'
enter natproxy.plus.net:5082 in the Outbound proxy field
That should be the basic differences from the sipgate settings, you might need to disable STUN , possibly by blanking the STUN server field.

Give that lot a try and lets see how it goes...
Edit: corrected outbound proxy to add port
badbetty
Grafter

Thank you for the reply MisterW.
I have entered the details as given, but the message 'invalid pin' still shows up and it fails to register.
I have changed my VOIP 'password' just to be sure, but that has not worked either.  I'm confused as Sipgate is fine with it all.
I have noticed that when I am logged into my VOIP account on Plusnet site, I can click on 'extension' and it takes me to a page with all the details. One of these says 'sipserver' and the entry is: sip2.plus.net:5060.  Is this significant?
Also in the field 'device', there is no entry showing (and no way to enter one).
Not that it would make any difference I feel, but what is a STUN and does Plusnet have one?
Puzzling.......
Thank you again for you help.
Community Veteran

I have noticed that when I am logged into my VOIP account on Plusnet site, I can click on 'extension' and it takes me to a page with all the details. One of these says 'sipserver' and the entry is: sip2.plus.net:5060.  Is this significant?

Nope, that's what mine says, current sip & sip2 both resolve to the same ip.
Does the extension show as online ?
Is your PlusNet voip account a new one ?
If not does your sip id begin with a '4' if so try dropping the 4 and just use the last 6 digits.
Also in the field 'device', there is no entry showing (and no way to enter one)

I dont see a 'field device' , i have a 'sip device' , that will automatically get set when you successfully register
Not that it would make any difference I feel, but what is a STUN and does Plusnet have one?

PlusNet dont have a STUN ( Simple Traversal for UDP over NAT ) server, you dont need to use STUN with an Outbound Proxy.
badbetty
Grafter

MisterW you are a star !! Smiley
Dropping the '4' and using 6 digits dit it....well done.  If it were possible to share a pint online I'd buy you one.
Thank you again.
Community Veteran

Happy to help.
I must admit I thought that issue had been resolved and I was just clutching at straws, but obviously not...
dgp
Grafter

Thankyou MisterW!!!.  I've been struggling to get 3CX up and running on Plusnet since my old PC died.  Sipgate was fine, but I had forgotten  'Your PlusNet Sip password ( note that it can be different from your voip control panel password! )
3CX is pretty good, despite inability to import contacts.  Main plus is you can have several accounts and simple interface.