cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 PCs and VoIP

Community Veteran

2 PCs and VoIP

I have just recently set up SJphone on PC and everything is working fine, however I was wondering if it could be set up on a 2nd PC using the same number. Does anyone have experience of doing this? Also what issues might I encounter? The broadband phone would mainly used for outbound calls.
7 REPLIES
johpal
Grafter

Re: 2 PCs and VoIP

I have X-Lite on 4  PC systems and a VOiP adapter connected to a DECT phone on my (wireless) network. No problems when used one at a time; haven't tried to use them at the same time ...
Hope this helps.
Community Veteran

Thanks for the info. For incoming calls do all the 'phones' ring?
itsme
Grafter

Yes you can but it's normal to specify different sip ports. The first 5060 and the second 5062.
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: Spider
Thanks for the info. For incoming calls do all the 'phones' ring?

Yes you can also make a call on one phone and receive an other or make 2 calls.
Why not get yourself a linksys pap 2 adapter off ebay? Dont pay over £16 then you can make or receive calls without leaving your computer on.
I have 5 voip devices and they all have the same port i.e 5060
puddy
Community Veteran

Thanks puddy, that is what I was hoping to hear. I will be setting up the 2nd computer shortly.  Smiley
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: puddy

I have 5 voip devices and they all have the same port i.e 5060
puddy

@puddy
I know that you run all your devices on the same sip port but this is not the normal setup recommended by Gradwell or by Sipgate
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: itsme

I know that you run all your devices on the same sip port but this is not the normal setup recommended by Gradwell or by Sipgate

You are correct its not a normal setup but it works
I had been told I was wrong about the sip and sip 2 settings. But sip2 works fine for me and plusnet said they had made a cockup in the end even though I got replies that said they both pointed to same place.  We later found out they don't.
puddy