cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*1 Not Working for Voicemail

Community Veteran

*1 Not Working for Voicemail

Hi all
I've just got back from a week away and have tried to access my Broadband Phone voicemail through the usual method of dialling *1 from X-Lite. I get a "Call failed: Declined" message on the phone and a nice American woman saying "The person you are calling is unavailable, please try again".
It was working this time last week - it is just me or are others having problems as well?
Thanks - Bob
26 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: *1 Not Working for Voicemail

Just me then  Undecided
Bob
paxy
Grafter

*1 is working for me...
Community Veteran

Thanks, still not working here though.
Rich if you are around I've raised question #28539642.
Bob
Community Veteran

Rich, would you mind having a look at this for me - I still haven't had any response to my question.
I'm not sure what we are going to do once you've left - good luck for the future by the way.
Bob
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Bob,
I guess this doesnt help you, but I've just tried *1 from X-Lite and it works for me.
Community Veteran

More info.
I have now bought a Siemens A580IP and set it up last night. Everything is working fine but I still can't access my voicemail by dialing *1. This proves that it's not a poblem with my X-Lite installation.
Bob
Community Veteran

Bob,
Is it just  *1 that doesnt work, do the other access numbers work ?
# Dial *1 or 185 from your Broadband Phone device and follow the voice prompts.
# Dial 0870 861 6661 or 01225 800899 from any landline or mobile phone. You will be prompted

So you finally got around to getting a A580IP,  how are you finding it ? ( better than the 716wl I hope!!)
Community Veteran

@MisterW
Yes, I can access my voicemail by the other methods, it's just *1 that doesn't work. Rich has now responded to my question and I think he is going to refer it to Gradwell.
Re. the A580IP.  I've not had chance to have a proper play yet but set-up was straight forward and it works for both inbound and outbound voip and landline calls which is one up on the Speedtouch  Smiley
I'll spend some more time setting it up tonight - I need to set up some call plans so the family don't need to know if they should be using voip or the landline. I've had a look at the manual and it looks straight forward though.
So far I'm a happy Gigaset user !
Bob
itsme
Grafter

I know that the * does not work in the incorrect DTMF is selected. I'm running RFC2833 (RTP) and it works.
Community Veteran

I'll spend some more time setting it up tonight - I need to set up some call plans so the family don't need to know if they should be using voip or the landline. I've had a look at the manual and it looks straight forward though.

Shout up if you need any help. I have my C475 setup with dial plans so that the family dont have to decide on voip/landline. I also use the 'default line' facility for 01,02 and 03 numbers and then change the default ( either from the handset or the web config ) at the weekends when my BT calls are free.
RichSmol
Grafter

Bob - i've raised a case with Gradwell as it looks like it is a platform irregularity.
Community Veteran

Quote from: itsme
I know that the * does not work in the incorrect DTMF is selected. I'm running RFC2833 (RTP) and it works.

I tried ticking the RFC2833 check box in Settings>Telephony>Advanced Settings on the A580IP but it made no difference.
Bob
Community Veteran

I'm not sure how to configure *1 on the Siemens.
I've enabled "Predial area code for local calls through VoIP" in Settings>Telephony>Dialling Plans so if I dial *1 the phone tries to dial 01274 (my area code)*1.
I then set up a dialling plan for *1 (see screenshot). Now when I dial *1 it dials correctly but I just get "Not available" on the handset but no American woman like I do on X-Lite.
Am I setting this up correctly?
Bob
Community Veteran

bob,
I could never get *1 to work from the Siemens but was never too worried about it as I dont use voicemail. Like you I have a dial plan , anything begining with '*' goes out on voip. I will experiment with the Advanced Settings when I get home and let you know what happens.
Ian