cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

youtube.com

jrgrahamcov
Grafter

youtube.com

Just wanted to ask what traffic control is used for www.youtube.com. I am on Premier and off peak it works fine but on peak it often hangs a bit. I am on 2Mb connection and find now during peak times I get the equivalent of a 1Mb connect even downloading from www.microsoft.com

Off Peak it all works fine.

Thanks.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 6

youtube.com

I expect that is purely due to the amount of data flowing across the PN network and their inability to cope with it.

I get the same issues with youtube on my connection (8mb) which is more than fast enough to handle youtube videos. The problem always arises at the busy period when PN almost collapse under the strain of under-investment in their network capacity.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
N/A

youtube.com

I'm on an 8mb connection as well and downloads, youtube, etc., work fine whatever time of day it is. That says to me it's more likely contention in your local exchange during busy periods and not Plusnets 'under-invested network' ? Many people that complain about slow speeds aren't suffering due to the ISP because if it were the ISP it would affect pretty much everyone and you'd hear wayyyyy more complaints about it than you currently do.
jrgrahamcov
Grafter

youtube.com

Thanks for the replies. I will try a few tests.