cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

your thoughts please

N/A

your thoughts please

last month i decided to change my payment option from direct debit to switch and on the plusnet page that allows you to do this has these paragraphs on it,

"This page allows you to alter or update the way you pay for your account. It is important that you tell us if your credit card is replaced (whether because it has reached the expiry date or been lost), or simply if you want to pay using a different credit card. You can also elect to pay for your account for Direct Debit, or change any existing Direct Debit instructions you have set up with us.

You can notify us immediately of any changes this way, and we will send an e-mail to your account as confirmation. This e-mail will not contain any of your Credit Card details. Your account will be immediately updated with your new details, and in future any charges payable will be taken from this account"

Now after reading that would you expect payment to come from your direct debit or your switch card?

plusnet took it from my bank even though i'd changed my details to switch and it even tells you that "in future any charges payable will be taken from this account"
Anyway i got charged £30 bank charges because of plusnet using direct debit even though i'd changed to switch.
is this fair?
6 REPLIES
Julie
Grafter

RE: your thoughts please

> last month i decided to change my payment option from direct debit to switch and on the plusnet page that allows you to do this has these paragraphs on it,
>
> "This page allows you to alter or update the way you pay for your account. It is important that you tell us if your credit card is replaced (whether because it has reached the expiry date or been lost), or simply if you want to pay using a different credit card. You can also elect to pay for your account for Direct Debit, or change any existing Direct Debit instructions you have set up with us.
>
> You can notify us immediately of any changes this way, and we will send an e-mail to your account as confirmation. This e-mail will not contain any of your Credit Card details. Your account will be immediately updated with your new details, and in future any charges payable will be taken from this account"
>
> Now after reading that would you expect payment to come from your direct debit or your switch card?
>
> plusnet took it from my bank even though i'd changed my details to switch and it even tells you that "in future any charges payable will be taken from this account"
> Anyway i got charged £30 bank charges because of plusnet using direct debit even though i'd changed to switch.
> is this fair?

I suggest you take this matter up with plusnet by phone or through the contact us system
you are unlikely to get very far posting this here, as far as I am aware they do not monitor the ADSL forum very much.
regards
Julie

chino
Grafter

Did you cancel you DD ? If you did then it's not really that fair (unless you gave them somthing like 1 days notice as DD takes 3 days to go through).

If you did not cancel your DD then it was fair.

Just my thoughts

cUnDaLl

Julie
Grafter

> last month i decided to change my payment option from direct debit to switch and on the plusnet page that allows you to do this has these paragraphs on it,
>
> "This page allows you to alter or update the way you pay for your account. It is important that you tell us if your credit card is replaced (whether because it has reached the expiry date or been lost), or simply if you want to pay using a different credit card. You can also elect to pay for your account for Direct Debit, or change any existing Direct Debit instructions you have set up with us.
>
> You can notify us immediately of any changes this way, and we will send an e-mail to your account as confirmation. This e-mail will not contain any of your Credit Card details. Your account will be immediately updated with your new details, and in future any charges payable will be taken from this account"
>
> Now after reading that would you expect payment to come from your direct debit or your switch card?
>
> plusnet took it from my bank even though i'd changed my details to switch and it even tells you that "in future any charges payable will be taken from this account"
> Anyway i got charged £30 bank charges because of plusnet using direct debit even though i'd changed to switch.
> is this fair?

I suggest you take this matter up with plusnet by phone or through the contact us system
regards
Julie

N/A

the wording of the paragraphs lead you to believe that when you change your details the DD is cancelled.
i have been on the phone and posted extensive complaints on the contact us thing,they refuse to pay the charges and basically said tuff sh*t
N/A

I had the same problem this month. I would not have had enough cleared funds the pay the direct debit to plusnet so I changed my details to credit card (so at least I could pay it back when I get paid at the end of the month and then change back to direct debit). Instead I got direct debitted my account fee instead of from my credit card. I was £1.04 outside my overdraft (student) Wink when they processed it so I dunno what the banks gonna b chargin me for this mess! Sad

N/A

> I had the same problem this month. I would not have had enough cleared funds the pay the direct debit to plusnet so I changed my details to credit card (so at least I could pay it back when I get paid at the end of the month and then change back to direct debit). Instead I got direct debitted my account fee instead of from my credit card. I was £1.04 outside my overdraft (student) Wink when they processed it so I dunno what the banks gonna b chargin me for this mess! Sad
>
>

could you send me a copy of the confirmation email you recieved when you changed over to your card coz plusnet refuse to send me one and i need it for trading standards plz send it to chris@digitalworld.plus.net remove any personel info first though.
thanks