cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ycl filters

N/A

ycl filters

So there I was in my back bedroom last night dribbling with anticipation at the thought of my new broadband connection.

The line was activated the equipment had arrived. I went through the set up process without a hitch. What could go wrong I was indeed the master of the universe.

Ooops one small flaw in my world domination plan......2 ycl filters.

Now that I have read through some older posts I see that these little beggars are causing problems. Why o why are plusnet still sending them out?

After chatting with a superior life form on the help line (20 mins wait) he suggested that I go to Woolworths and buy some new filters.

Nice to know that my 122 quid and monthly subscription has not been wasted.

I am now waiting for some new filters.

A totally satisfied customer and this is after only one day.
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

RE: ycl filters

> So there I was in my back bedroom last night dribbling with anticipation at the thought of my new broadband connection.
>
> The line was activated the equipment had arrived. I went through the set up process without a hitch. What could go wrong I was indeed the master of the universe.
>
> Ooops one small flaw in my world domination plan......2 ycl filters.
>
> Now that I have read through some older posts I see that these little beggars are causing problems. Why o why are plusnet still sending them out?
>
> After chatting with a superior life form on the help line (20 mins wait) he suggested that I go to Woolworths and buy some new filters.
>
> Nice to know that my 122 quid and monthly subscription has not been wasted.
>
> I am now waiting for some new filters.
>
> A totally satisfied customer and this is after only one day.

hmm from what you've read older posts, then why did you get a hardware package from PN and not just buy a better modem/router from Solwise?
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

Because there are times when I am more stupid than 10 stupid people on a stupid day out.

I am now connected as I have missed out the filter but I cannot use the telephone at the same time.

Just for added info I can use the filter if I connect from the modem to the filter using a cable with a modem socket on one end and the tel socket on the other this means that my filter is pants when I use the modem socket to modem socket arrangement.

I guess in amongst all of my drivel I really wanted to know why plusnet keeps sending out ***** filters. They tell me on the phone that my call is important to them, go figure.

N/A

yes I too have had "dodgy filters" which dont allow simultaneous ADSL and telephone. After several "tickets" to PlusNet they have acknowledged that there might be aproblem with the filters but after two weeks have singularly failed to do anything about it.

I am going to buy some Fujitsu filters from the web and then try and reclaim for the cost of the faulty filters from PlusNet

Best of luck to you all.

Alan

> I am now connected as I have missed out the filter but I cannot use the telephone at the same time.
>
> Just for added info I can use the filter if I connect from the modem to the filter using a cable with a modem socket on one end and the tel socket on the other this means that my filter is pants when I use the modem socket to modem socket arrangement.
>
> I guess in amongst all of my drivel I really wanted to know why plusnet keeps sending out ***** filters. They tell me on the phone that my call is important to them, go figure.
>
>

N/A

Dear All,

PlusNet have sent out a email to anyone who had raised a ticket regarding faulty splitters and will be posting out new ones now. Aparently the problem was with splitters sent out from 1st-20th november.

Even though its taking 14 days for delivery at least something has been done.

Im going to wait until the splitters arrive, and if I dont get an "always-on" auto-reconnecting connection with my router, I'm going to pull my hair out.
N/A

For info : I've found out from PlusNet today that some dodgy filters may have also been sent out after those dates.
I received my starter pack on the 29th Nov and have had the same connection/phone problems as mentioned above, so it looks extremely likely that the filters are at fault.

Apparently they are doing something about it, so hopefully we'll get our replacements soon !

Cheers,
Mike.

N/A

For info : I've found out from PlusNet today that some dodgy filters may have also been sent out after those dates.
I received my starter pack on the 29th Nov and have had the same connection/phone problems as mentioned above, so it looks extremely likely that the filters are at fault.

Apparently they are doing something about it, so hopefully we'll get our replacements soon !

Cheers,
Mike.

N/A

My problem is that because of the dodgy filters I couldnt test my modem. So when I got new filters (not from plusnet as I was sick of waiting) and try again I find the modem I bought from Plusnet is bust too.

Problem is that I have (according to Plusnet ) had the modem more than ten days so it cant be returned for a refund.

HA HA HA HA
HO HO HO (well it is Xmas)

Hey Plusnet....Ever heard of the DTI or the Office of fair trading. They have some leaflets you may find handy.
N/A

I as a veteran of plus net suggested my partner joined plusnet and we both applied for broadband at the same time...guess what we both got dodgy filters.....after several very expensive calls to plusnet we were advised to go out and buy new ones!!!

We did, now we are to be sent new ones!! I now have working ones and I would rather have a refund!!

But add this twist...both I and my partner were told BT engineers were to be sent to cure a problem obviously related to BT only to have an engineer plug in his filter and hey presto it works..

it goes on...BT say cos they are billing Plusnet and not getting paid we are to be billed (£160)

We are now having to pay the bill for dodgy plusnet filters!!!!! I dont think so see you in court plusnet.
N/A

> When I first called the not so helpful desk the guy said that the filters would be dispatched within 48 hours. Damn him he didn't say when the 48hours would start...

I have now had a message to say that I will get something within 7 to 14 days. I am still bypassing the filter and it is ok.

I pick up my telephone messages now and again so all in all its not perfect but it works.

Merry Xmas Plusnet and all who sail in her.
N/A

> I as a veteran of plus net suggested my partner joined plusnet and we both applied for broadband at the same time...guess what we both got dodgy filters.....after several very expensive calls to plusnet we were advised to go out and buy new ones!!!
>
> We did, now we are to be sent new ones!! I now have working ones and I would rather have a refund!!
>

Don't bother with a refund. I did and got refunded £2, which hardly seems worth it. I went out and bought a new D-Link filter for £11, which worked straight away.

> But add this twist...both I and my partner were told BT engineers were to be sent to cure a problem obviously related to BT only to have an engineer plug in his filter and hey presto it works..
>
> it goes on...BT say cos they are billing Plusnet and not getting paid we are to be billed (£160)
>
> We are now having to pay the bill for dodgy plusnet filters!!!!! I dont think so see you in court plusnet.
>