cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wrong email sent - you will like this one

N/A

received email from plus net saying tests on my line had shown it will support 2 meg, disconnect and it will work.
doesnt work i email them, they say its fixed reconnect n itll work.
doesnt work i email them again, and all of a sudden the email sent to me is incorrect and my lines is now at its quickest available speed. i frankly dont believe it as they cant say iv had tests done and then all of a sudden its a wide issue as a load of people have received the same email.
i wanna know why i cant get 2meg when tests say i can!!!!
and why plus net have said i can twice then decided that i cant!
absolute waste of time this
2 REPLIES
sophos9
Grafter

Hi

Go to http://www.bt.com/broadband/

Enter your phone number..... BT will then let you know what max speed you can have. If the results differ to Plusnet then let Plusnet know...
N/A

Prior to my exchange getting the LLU treatment all checkers said I could get 2mb, but after LLU they say I am too far from exchange? and will be lucky to get 1mb even with an engineers visit. (I do get 1mb)
I am 1.76km in a straight line from exchange so it may be hard to get a max distance of 3.5km for a 2mb connection. Possibly calling 151 and asking for a test to ensure no other problems and politely ask to be routed a shorter way may swing it to good enough for 2mb.
Also BT may have updated your data a few days after LLU and it is their figures not PN's or previous tests that count.