cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

working with linux?

N/A

working with linux?

can anyone tell me if there is support for linux systems such as mandrake/ red hat etc. i know its not supported through the pci adsl modems but what about usb? does plusnet support linux?
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: working with linux?

> can anyone tell me if there is support for linux systems such as mandrake/ red hat etc. i know its not supported through the pci adsl modems but what about usb? does plusnet support linux?

Better use a router to connect.
N/A

If you intend to use Linux, I would take Davids advice and use an Ethernet based ADSL router instead of the USB one as its a lot less hassle.

Although Linux has pretty good USB support built in, manufacturers still really havent got their Linux act together for USB drivers, if you have to use USB ADSL router then plump for the Alcatel USB which has pretty good linux support i believe.

But you will have a lot less hassle with an ethernet based router and it doesnt use CPU cycles like USB.
This makes it good for gaming.

Ali
Firejack
Grafter

I agree. Using a Hardware ADSL Router makes connecting to the Internet via PlusNet ADSL MUCH easier. I was up and running shortly after I installed the driver for my network card.

Later,

Andrew.
N/A

I know that a few ppl @ +net know about Linux but they don't support it no.

I do on the other hand use the frog straight into my Smoothwall (linux based) and I can say that I have never had any problem with the two, once I installed the correct driver.

Angus