cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wont shut down since adsl

N/A

wont shut down since adsl

as soon as i installed plusnet adsl on my pc win xp will not shutdown,i formatted c drive and reinstalled thinking xp had ballsed up but after reinstall adsl same problem.help please it is definately the connexant software causin this problem

tried all other software conflicts read about

athlon xp1800+
k7s5a mobo(sis 735 chip)
geforce 4 ti4200 128 mb ddr
512mb ddr ram

win xp home ed

maxtor 60gig hd
7 REPLIES
N/A

RE: wont shut down since adsl

Have you downloaded the latest drivers for your modem? This should fix the problem.

> as soon as i installed plusnet adsl on my pc win xp will not shutdown,i formatted c drive and reinstalled thinking xp had ballsed up but after reinstall adsl same problem.help please it is definately the connexant software causin this problem
>
> tried all other software conflicts read about
>
> athlon xp1800+
> k7s5a mobo(sis 735 chip)
> geforce 4 ti4200 128 mb ddr
> 512mb ddr ram
>
> win xp home ed
>
> maxtor 60gig hd

N/A

> as soon as i installed plusnet adsl on my pc win xp will not shutdown,i formatted c drive and reinstalled thinking xp had ballsed up but after reinstall adsl same problem.help please it is definately the connexant software causin this problem
>
> tried all other software conflicts read about
>
> athlon xp1800+
> k7s5a mobo(sis 735 chip)
> geforce 4 ti4200 128 mb ddr
> 512mb ddr ram
>
> win xp home ed
>
> maxtor 60gig hd

Hi

Is it a USB modem? and do you have any other usb periphals connected? I have very similar spec to you, found a problem with the USB ports on k7s5a most things connected to it will cause XP(why did I bother!) to hang. Still haven`t resolved the problem though, so any help would be welcomed too. The computer does shutdown but the "shutting down" screen remains, just won't power off. Works fine under Win98 so my guess is a USB driver is needed for XP, but I haven't found one yet :-(

sorry
doozer

jlpappin
Grafter

XP randomly powers off. Microsoft removed something because with previous OS it could not perfect the art of actually making the PC switch off. So all PC's can make it to the black screen with "you may now switch off your computer" but not all will power off.

As for the modem, which one you using? I use Alcatel Speedtouch USB and I make it to the power down screen fine but then I have to manually turn the PC off.
N/A

im using the internal pci modem supplied by plusnet

it is a conexant adsl wan adaptor

where can i find new drivers?

thanx lads
N/A

Andrew

what experts we are detecting a USB problem ;-0

try this link, make sure you select the right modem.

https://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=225#drivers

regards
doozer
N/A

tried the new drivers but to no avail,even tried the newest driver from conexant

cant keep turnin off pc by killin power!!

thats just askin for trouble.

ps. if i uninstall modem then problem goes but then i have no modemSad
N/A

Andrew

Did you manage to resolve the problem of xp hanging during shutdown?

i'm still experiencing same difficulties, and keen to resolve

cheers

al