cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wireless router, what one?

N/A

Hi there, I just sign up to plusnet and is now looking for a wireless router and pci adaptor. Any recommendation which one works well besides the BT one? I don't mind doing complex configurations but like one with more features and work well with plusnet.

Cheers,

PC
7 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

I very much recommend the Netgear DG834, or if you have some more money the DG834GT.

I tend to like Netgear or Belkin Wireless PCI Adapters.

Have a look over at www.ebuyer.com.
N/A

This is Good Advice.

i have no problems with my DG834G and i have a DG834 for back up Wink

[Moderator's note by Liam Martin (martinfamily): Removed full quote of preceeding post as it is not needed.]
Midville
Grafter

I have had no problems with mine either...... good value in my eyes.
N/A

Thanks guys for the quick reply and advise.

This is the one I have in mind and thanks for the confirmation. I will seriously conside this one.

Cheers,
N/A

I can recommend the 3comOfficeconnect Wireless 11g router. Nice features, hardware firewall and a free laptop wireless card.

Had no problems whatsoever with it.
channel
Grafter

You definately seem to be better off sticking to Netgear or Linksys because of compatability issues. I bought a Draytek 2600We 2.5 years ago, and the wireless range doesn't reach the extremities of my house with its interior brick walls. Now I find I can't buy a bridge or a repeater which is strictly compatible, so I am having to either put up with dead spots or otherwise ditch the existing unit and replace.

If possible, based on this experience, I would be tempted to go for separate modem and wireless router rather than an all-in-one.
N/A

Got no problem with my Netgear D834GT .. get the 54Mbps if you short of money .. no problem whatsoever with the gear.