cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wierd as hell

N/A

wierd as hell

Has as been posted in other posts my upload speed is massively higher than my download. I can barely download at more than 3 or 4kb a sec yet I'm uploading at 30 or 40. Who done this upgrade, fecking Harry Potter?
7 REPLIES
N/A

RE: wierd as hell

Have you tweaked your MTU and followed other posts in this forum.

Incidentally, I ran two speed tests from my employers ADSL line today within 20 seconds of each other, the first showed 1.4Mb/Sec (not bad for a 512/256 connection), the other a more realistic 50Kb/Sec

Roy

> Has as been posted in other posts my upload speed is massively higher than my download. I can barely download at more than 3 or 4kb a sec yet I'm uploading at 30 or 40. Who done this upgrade, fecking Harry Potter?

N/A

> Have you tweaked your MTU and followed other posts in this forum.
>
> Incidentally, I ran two speed tests from my employers ADSL line today within 20 seconds of each other, the first showed 1.4Mb/Sec (not bad for a 512/256 connection), the other a more realistic 50Kb/Sec
>
> Roy
>
> > Has as been posted in other posts my upload speed is massively higher than my download. I can barely download at more than 3 or 4kb a sec yet I'm uploading at 30 or 40. Who done this upgrade, fecking Harry Potter?
>
>
I done the tweaks ages ago and they worked great for a while then they went ***** again.
N/A

Hi,

Have you checked whether you are going through ilford (run a trace route to portal.plus.net). That seems to be exibiting some packet loss at the moment

Roy

[snip]
N/A

Apparently only those who have @plus.net in their ADSL username have been affected by the upgrade. If everything goes well, the @plusdsl.net users will be moved to the new hardware early next week.

Tim
N/A

Hi,

Have you checked whether you are going through ilford (run a trace route to portal.plus.net). That seems to be exibiting some packet loss at the moment

Roy

[snip]
N/A

> Hi,
>
> Have you checked whether you are going through ilford (run a trace route to portal.plus.net). That seems to be exibiting some packet loss at the moment
>
well i'm getting the same crazy upload speeds...i'm on the plus.net domain...and i don't appear to be going through ilford...and my d/l speed ain't impressive either.
N/A

>
> Have you tweaked your MTU and followed other posts in this forum.
>

Yes i have done all the tweeks been to dslreports and so forth.

>
> Have you checked whether you are going through ilford (run a trace route to portal.plus.net). That seems to be exibiting some packet loss at the moment
>

I have done this and i dont go through Ilford as you can see.

Tracing route to portal.plus.net [212.159.8.137]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 23 ms 23 ms 23 ms sms.core.telehouse.plus.net [212.159.1.106]
2 24 ms 23 ms 23 ms jalpiaza.core.telehouse.plus.net [212.159.1.242]

3 24 ms 23 ms 22 ms dolpiaza.core.telehouse.plus.net [212.159.1.82]

4 30 ms 29 ms 30 ms atm.core.plus.net [212.159.1.65]
5 28 ms 31 ms 33 ms rhogan1.core.quay.plus.net [212.159.15.250]
6 34 ms 34 ms 31 ms 230.core01.access.plus.net.uk [212.159.15.230]
7 31 ms 31 ms 31 ms portal.plus.net [212.159.8.137]

>
>Apparently only those who have @plus.net in their ADSL username have been affected by the upgrade. If everything goes well, the @plusdsl.net users will be moved to the new hardware early next week.
>

I have a @plus.net in my ADSL username and the upgrade has only effected my uploads my download speed is still unsatisfactory as you can see with my latest adslguide speed tests.

Downstream 44 Kbps (5.5 KB/sec) 50 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 243 Kbps (30.4 KB/sec) 279 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Downstream 14 Kbps (1.8 KB/sec) 16 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 243 Kbps (30.4 KB/sec) 279 Kbps (inc. overheads)

All i can see is i was better off on a 56 K modem than plusnet ADSL. Im not verry happy they promised so much with this upgrade and once again it has not happened.