cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wierd Sync problem

N/A

wierd Sync problem

Upgraded to Broadband Plus 2 weeks ago. Works great during the day - no sync issues at all. Around 6-7pm the Adsl light starts flashing and the sync goes. This then occurs intermittantly all night.
In the morning it's fine again.
This is great for my other half who surfs in the day - but I need to use the Net after work and it's driving me crazy!
I've got a Safecom router(SWAMR5410Cool.
Any ideas?
8 REPLIES
craigbrass
Grafter

wierd Sync problem

This sounds to me like a problem at your exchange. Whats your area code so we can look you up on the exchange checker.
N/A

wierd Sync problem

The area code is 01392 (Exeter, Devon)
Cheers.
N/A

wierd Sync problem

I have a very similar problem, the internet works just fine during the day, but after about 9pm it disconnects intermittently (loses sync). I use an internal adsl modem (zoom), which I have never had any problems with before.
This has only been happening since my 2mbps upgrade about a month ago.

I'm on the Southerndown exchange: SWSMX
If I find a solution semple, you'll be the first to know. (how ironic, connection dropped again while writing this reply) Cheesy
N/A

wierd Sync problem

Sure enough - 8.45pm last night, I try to login to this discussion and the old blinking light starts up. Manage to get 4-5 mins online between 9-11pm then gave up. Yet this morning everything is fine. This is not what I pay for. Checked using the exchange tool anf theri are no problems there. Will have to raise a ticket I think (or search for a new Isp)
Community Veteran

wierd Sync problem

Even if you migrated out the sync problems wouldn't stop, they are a BT problem not a plusnet one.
craigbrass
Grafter

wierd Sync problem

Yea, Daniel is right. Only way to sort it is to have PlusNet contact BT on your behalf and then they should have it fixed in 2 days or so for you.
N/A

wierd Sync problem

Whilst going through the wizard to report this it said that I may be liable for charges!!! It asked me to agree to this! To top that, the sync is going this morning - usually the daytimes have been fine. Should I go ahead with reporting this to plusnet?
craigbrass
Grafter

wierd Sync problem

Well unless you wanna keep the problem, yea lol. Make sure you have gone through all the checks it says on that page tho.