cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why do gamers...

N/A

why do gamers...

why do gamers get priority at plusnet, throughout all the traffic shaping etc, it has been used an excuse to cut down on the bandwidth people use because "it causes bad latancy in games" or words to that effect. Now the FUP or what ever it is called these days is introduced during "peek" hours to allow gamers to play with "low pings".. why? why do gamers get special accounts just to waste their time shooting / cutting / hitting / jumping / walking etc etc etc.. if plusnet wants to be PRO GAMER!!! why not say so in your front page "Plusnet is dedicated to being the best Gaming ISP in the country" not, as you try to do, aim it as a family product. Oh and i recently read a post somewhere by a plusnet member of staff (on this forum) saying that the premiere accounts are "not sold as uncappend and never have been" , while this is true as you butt raped the premier uses who did sign up to the "uncapped" server, you DID sell it as uncapped, it said so on this website when you went to buy it, it had no download limits and no caps etc in the EULA as well.. so how come this backtrack?

Why is plusnet also trying to force out the high downloaders -- the ones that use the net the most, and if are happy would recommend it to a mate, those that use 200 meg a month (which ill assume is over 80% of your clientel) are checking email, and couldnt give a crap who they are with so long as they can open IE and look at hotmail every day.. wow what a great customer base to have! they wouldnt notice if you droped their connection down to 256kb/s instead of what they are paying for.. oh wait that is EXACTLY what you have done! changing your product prices without telling the user to change his / her product -- thus relying on the not so computer techie wiz kids to not notice the change (i mean if you dont "do" forums how often will a user check on the home page of their isp -- never probably -- thats if it works)

I am so glad I dont have to deal with this any more (hooza for janet!) however even here where I can use about 6 ports outgoin and none incoming i am getting better quality internet than PN could provide even when I was on the Teleworker account. (gettin ripped of at 70quid/month). Why can PN see that it is alianating SO SO SO many users, its not hard, just do a search on the forums for "so long" or "im leaving" or "screw plusnet" .. the forums are a place that PN should get FEEDBACK from, not ignore -- the users are unhappy SORT IT OUT! unless you want to only have a noob // pc gamer user base where neither will recomend the isp to friends and you will slowly get a bad rep over the internet... oh wait thats happend as well... damn PN go go on the sales technique there! maybe you should ask O'reilly if you can write a book on "how to shoot ones self in the foot". you went from one of the BEST isps there is to one that ranks below AOL! -- great! soon it will be "omg your a PN user " not "omg you use AOL!!!"

and can some one in charge here please respond to each of the questions, i dont really want this to be a huge "oh yes lets agree" or "oo you are so wrong" thread, I just want some simple ans to these questions
15 REPLIES
Karmik
Grafter

why do gamers...

Well I like gaming, so it's the tops.

Besides, what the fuck is there that you can d/l that could eat up 100+ gig a month? And does it matter if you download when you are asleep? You certainly can't play a game, browse or read email then.

Besides gaming, I probably get thru 10 gigs of downloads, and surf etc, etc.

Suits me down to the ground.

Bit slower than Pipex were, but what the hey, my ping's still good.

Oh, and why do they try to get rid of high downloaders? Probably because you want the whole internet downloaded onto your PC, and it takes the resources from normal people. That's why.

I could go on, but I keep editing because everytime I look at your inane drivel, I see some other stupid point raised.

Christ. one more edit. Why would a noob/gamer NOT recommend to a friend?

Besides which, PN couldn't give a shit if not one single customer downloaded a single kilobyte every month, as long as they get paid. Now stop being naive.

[Moderator's note by mark (pcsni): Attempt to avoid the swear filter removed]
N/A

why do gamers...

This is starting to get a bit personal. If it continues in this manner it will be locked.

jeffnixon. By all means respond to posts. But leave out the personal jibes, agression and attempts to avoid the swear filter.
N/A

why do gamers...

well done jeff[if i can call you that] ive been on many bb isp [aol demon etc ] and i have found plusnet are up front about their product ,all the info is there and if you dont like it then f*** off! i dont want to download 5000 gig of info a month , my hard drive is only 80 gig and to be honest if all u want from a isp is to download 24/7 then you may have a problem . i get quite worried when all the posts about plusnet seem to be things like "i cant download from p2p ,usenet, bitorent at 200kbps between 4-12" and now i only get 10-20 kbps" get a life people if all u wanna do is download music [30000mp3 in a month is a lot even if done legally] then god help us ! enjoy the net download what you use not what 500 other people use ! if it takes 3 hours to download a movie instead of 30 minutes then let it be , its not a problem [if you need it that much then go and buy it ] i download songs ,movies etc but if it takes 24 hours then so what, i can have 24 hours to my life that i dont need to worry about downloading! enjoy your life be happy and enjoy the ride
N/A

why do gamers...

1) Did I ever say I personaly had download issues?
2) Did I ever say i download alot?
3) oh I know I DID ask for a PN staff member to respond as I would love to know the reason for alianating a large % of users.

4) I personaly dont have to give a crap as im sittin on a dedicated 10mbit line so what do I care. well i care for the other lot of people that are geting persicuted by plusnet for doing what should be allowd -- the use of their net connection to be used how they want it, and not for it to be biased towards those that play games.
Karmik
Grafter

why do gamers...

This is starting to get a bit personal. If it continues in this manner it will be locked.

jeffnixon. By all means respond to posts. But leave out the personal jibes, agression and attempts to avoid the swear filter.

Try and defend PN and see what happens. Hmm, mayb's I'm with buzzons after all.

Oh, Dave, cheers for the back up m8 Smiley

Hope you don't get a slap on the wrists too!
N/A

why do gamers...

Buzzons is clearly just out to cause trouble and trying to inflame. I fail to see why he feels justified in writing on these boards if he is no longer a customer.
N/A

why do gamers...

1) i am a customer.. i have an account and probably have had one for longer than you
2) i have made some very helpfull posts in my time here so dont go there!
3) inflame? no mate, i just want to know why PN Want to make gamers happy but make the other 1/2 of the user base who use torrents / P2P etc (even if they suck ass) to do what they want to do. Its like gamers dont think that playing an online game means you download data -- shock horror you do!. If pn had put caps on online gaming so pings were only good from 5pm to 10pm then the other half of the user base would be up in flames shouting about how they cant play online games cos the ping sucks balls.. and as some one said to me earlier up in this thread, "get a life" well you are the ones sitting in front of a pc playing games, most ppl downloading stuff arnt even at their PC when they are doing it.. so shock horror who has more of a life.....
Karmik
Grafter

why do gamers...

Waffle

Ok, downloading approx 50 meg an hour gaming is the same is downloading possibly 1 gig and hour on P2P how?
N/A

why do gamers...

i never said it was, and lets take some reading lessons shall we...

and can some one in charge here please respond to each of the questions, i dont really want this to be a huge "oh yes lets agree" or "oo you are so wrong" thread, I just want some simple ans to these questions
Karmik
Grafter

why do gamers...

TBH I don't know what you want them to say.

You know the answer to the questions. Bandwidth hogs are not profitable. PN is a company, and needs to be in profit. Why have, I dunno, 5% of the userbase take up 80% of the bandwidth (not accurate figures, but probably not far from the truth), when you can just get rid of them?
Despite what you say, gamers do not detract from other peoples enjoyment of the service, whereas somebody who has their connection maxed out downloading torrents 24/7 is definitely having an adverse effect somewhere along the line.

Let's just put this another way. What if at your local exchange everybody else was into P2P downloads, and everynight you would log on, only to maybe be maxing out at 6kbs a sec (if you were lucky), pretty shitty eh? Well that's exactly what bandwidth hogs do to the whole infrastructure. It's a contended service, and that's that. Get a leased line if you want it all to yourself.

Here's somthing that's ideal for your needs.

http://www.business.ntl.com/campaigns/leased-lines.php

A snip.
N/A

why do gamers...

i never said i downloaded anything, why do you assume that i do? I was asking for all those that do.
N/A

why do gamers...

Buzzons, this is no competition for longevity of being with plusnet, if you would take the time to look under my name you will see however that I win hands down.

It seems strange that you think you aren’t flaming and yet your response in censored.

I am so glad I don’t have to deal with this any more (hooza for janet!)

Can't you spam their boards instead of creating a nuisance here?
Karmik
Grafter

why do gamers...

i never said i downloaded anything, why do you assume that i do? I was asking for all those that do.

I assume, because why bother posting a big long diatribe about P2P'ers rights, if you don't download a lot? (or anything as you said?)
So you're causing an argument, not for your own purposes, but for all the downtrodden heavy downloaders? Right on brother.
Man, I can't believe a troll is actually getting responses from me.

In fact, is this even in the right section? Shouldn't it be here::

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewforum.php?f=2 :?:
N/A

why do gamers...

So you're causing an argument, not for your own purposes, but for all the downtrodden heavy downloaders? Right on brother.

long live citizen smith power to the people :lol: