cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where is 2mb service?

N/A

where is 2mb service?

where is it? i couldnt find it on plus.net products and services, they do really need to update the site lol i spend nearly 30 mins looking for it

ur not telling me plus.net are not doing 2mb service? lol

thanks
10 REPLIES
N/A

where is 2mb service?

N/A

where is 2mb service?

ahhh thanks mate

:shock: :shock: :shock: £66 monthly!!!!!!!! how come others ISP like Fast24 only do £37.50 inc VAT monthly for 2mb adsl
N/A

where is 2mb service?

link Are you sure its the same product?
N/A

where is 2mb service?

sorry what link? u mean u want the url link to fast24?
Community Veteran

where is 2mb service?

It is not the same:

http://www2.fast24.net/packages/broadband/2mb-50_1.asp is 50:1 contention package rather than PlusNets 20:1

The equiv fast24 2meg service (20:1 contension) is £66.99/month http://www2.fast24.net/packages/broadband/2mb-20_1.asp.

You also only get 50Megs webspace (both packages) - not sure about cgi/php/MySQL support.
N/A

where is 2mb service?

yes true but i'd rather to save £28.50 to use Fast24 2mb 50:1 contention

my friend got 1mb 20:1 contention, to be honest with you, i cant tell the difference between my 50:1 contention adsl and his 20:1 contention
N/A

where is 2mb service?

If it is a 50:1 2Mb option, then this si supplied via datastream.

This in turn is provided by another provider, and not direct from BT Wholesale.

DataStream ports cost the same regardless of speed. IE, a 512Kb datastream port is the same monthly price as a 2Mb datastream port. Contention is applied by the provider sending the data away from the exchange.

As noted anyhow, the like for liek products cost the same.
N/A

where is 2mb service?

Yes, "Fast"24 is Datastream.

However, as someone else said in another thread here about Binatone modems vs. routers, "you get what you pay for", or "you pay peanuts, you get monkeys". Goes just as well for ISPs too.

Before you even consider going with Fast24, 'cos they're cheap, you should go have a look at the "ISP Unhappiness" and "Fast24" forums on ADSLGuide. You're asking for a one-way ticket to a world of pain.
N/A

where is 2mb service?

Before you even consider going with Fast24, 'cos they're cheap, you should go have a look at the "ISP Unhappiness" and "Fast24" forums on ADSLGuide. You're asking for a one-way ticket to a world of pain.

Oops Shockedops: Looks like there is no Fast24 forum on AG. Still, they do get lots of coverage in the "ISP Unhappiness" forum.
N/A

where is 2mb service?

LOL, :lol: I think you meant ISPr, a lot of unhappy bunnies there concerning Fast24