cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where do I go to regrade to Max ADSL

N/A

How do I inform plus net that I'd like Max DSL? cant see a link anywhere?

Thanks
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran

You don't do anything. You will be upgraded, just like everyone else at the appropriate time - that being between now and 6 months time which is how long BT are going to take to upgrade all the lines to MaxDSL.

Also anyone else reading this PLEASE use the search as there are MANY MANY posts asking exactly the same Qs!!!! :x
N/A

If people are asking the same question then the Communications team at PlusNet are not doing a good job then. They shold of emailed all their customers explaining the situation or put a big link somewhere when an existing customer logs in!

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Full quote of the preceding post removed as it is unnecessary and against the rules]
N/A

I received an email on the 20th March fully explaining the product changes and when and how they would come into effect.

I understood that this email was sent to all their customers.

Either people didn't bother to read it, or found difficulty in understanding it, though it seemed simple enough to me.
N/A

I dont remember recieving such email.
Community Veteran

Have you opted out of PN marketing emails?
N/A

Don't think so as I have never clicked anything to restrict correspondance and have recieved numerous emails in the past from plus regarding offers and such like.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

I think they are referring to the Newsletter
N/A

Last news letter i got was I think Feb time. It stated that Plus were hoping to offer 8mb very soon to compatible exchanges. It said more details would be given in due course. Not heard anything since.

I think plus need to put together an email of exactly what is happening with the Max upgrades so people aren't getting left in the dark and wondering what they should do.

I can imagine they are getting lots of calls at their call centre regarding this. A simple email could clear this up and improve their service level (at the call centre), thus killing two birds with one stone
Community Veteran

providing you havent opted out of emails you should have received the newsletter through your "Default" email address and also your backup email address.

A basic copy (no graphics or proper formating) of the newsletter was published Here
N/A

I think they are referring to the Newsletter

Have to say I did receive an email addressed to me, not a newsletter, from Customer Support explaining the products and changes.

I was under the impression that all customers were to receive this email, obviously I misunderstood if some people did not receive it :?
Community Veteran

It has been cleared stated in the groups and in plus postings, check your contact us page, that account types, eg package names will change on your next billing date and that speed requests will be worked thought on a gradual process. Longest subscribers and those previously paying for 4 and 8 mb speeds 1st followed by the rest of us.

A
N/A

It has been cleared stated in the groups and in plus postings,... Longest subscribers and those previously paying for 4 and 8 mb speeds 1st followed by the rest of us.

But in case you forget, it was mid-February 2005 when the Plus.Net publicity machine suggested that 8 Mbps was coming soon. While some might remember that the regrades to get 2 Mbps was a long and drawn out affair, others will also know that by paying a fee, one could get the regrade done sooner.

When I read the subject line, I assumed that that was the main question.

There's nothing about an "upgrade" option to get DSL Max on a line, from the Control Panel, and it is a legitimate query (I have seen comments from one or two others, including the fee, but still don't see it as an "option" I can request on the portal).

As for the package name - well my billing date was 02/04 and there has been no change, and similarly no change to the VMBU (19.99 PAYG a/c, 10 GB)
Mand
Grafter

There is a thread in the community support forum with a regrade/refresh FAQ. There will also be an announcement shortly regarding the product refresh which should answer all remaining questions.
N/A

I got a newsletter in December, that said there would be another every 2 months. Not received one since...