cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when

N/A

when

So far my line has checked ok for ADSL, been waiting on BT's confirmation since wednesday, Am getting booted from present supplier on 13/09/02 so just wondering if plusnets modem will arrive in time.
--
Reset
11 REPLIES
N/A

RE: when

Same here just waiting for BT to confirm it.

Been on that stage since last Wednesday, but they do say 7-10 days wait... usualy other people get activated within 3-4 days if there lucky.

But in my case not likely, hopefully BT will activate me this week.

I got my hopes up also, went mad and brought a 7 quid RJ11 5metre cable from maplins, so all the wires are setup.

Proberly find out I cant get ADSL in the end:eek:
N/A

RE: when

> Same here just waiting for BT to confirm it.
>
> Been on that stage since last Wednesday, but they do say 7-10 days wait... usualy other people get activated within 3-4 days if there lucky.
>
> But in my case not likely, hopefully BT will activate me this week.
>
> I got my hopes up also, went mad and brought a 7 quid RJ11 5metre cable from maplins, so all the wires are setup.
>
> Proberly find out I cant get ADSL in the end:eek:


Nice one Rakesh, bought an extension for mine (when I get it) from Maplins as well. Hope it gets sorted by Friday, otherwise it's payg for me.

Come on Admin when do I get the modem you have taken me dosh. Grin
N/A

RE: when

If I aint heard anything since Thursday.... ill have to ask Plusnet whats wrong.

I dont see why we should have problems though, we passed the initial test fine, Plusnet were somewhat quick to take the money out...

Im eager to setup my stuff also, I opted for the PCI modem, since its true PCI modems are slightly fasterSmiley

N/A

RE: when

> If I aint heard anything since Thursday.... ill have to ask Plusnet whats wrong.
>
> I dont see why we should have problems though, we passed the initial test fine, Plusnet were somewhat quick to take the money out...
>
> Im eager to setup my stuff also, I opted for the PCI modem, since its true PCI modems are slightly fasterSmiley
>
I've been waiting since Friday week 30/08/02 hopefully it will come through any day now.

I can't see why the modem can't be sent just prior to activation since BT initial checks went through ok and the money debited already, anything to speed thing up would be beneficial.

I went for PCI modem also as I suspected it would preform better but have not seen anything that confirms this opinion, how do you know this to be the case and by what margin.
N/A

RE: when

> If I aint heard anything since Thursday.... ill have to ask Plusnet whats wrong.
>
> I dont see why we should have problems though, we passed the initial test fine, Plusnet were somewhat quick to take the money out...
>
> Im eager to setup my stuff also, I opted for the PCI modem, since its true PCI modems are slightly fasterSmiley
>
I've been waiting since Friday week 30/08/02 hopefully it will come through any day now.

I can't see why the modem can't be sent just prior to activation since BT initial checks went through ok and the money debited already, anything to speed thing up would be beneficial.

I went for PCI modem also as I suspected it would preform better but have not seen anything that confirms this opinion, how do you know this to be the case and by what margin.
N/A

RE: when

Got two emails today. First one said "your line is now activated and we'll take £22.99 from you and hardware will be despatched."

Fair enough, but second one said "No hardware in stock, you;ll have to wait more than the usual 3/4 days". This means the earliest I'm likely to get my hardware is next week.

However, I'll already have paid for a weeks service (at least) by that point - I think this is somewhat unfair as I can't use it until I get the hardware!

Perhaps the payment should only be taken once the hardware is sent out?
N/A

RE: when

> Got two emails today. First one said "your line is now activated and we'll take £22.99 from you and hardware will be despatched."
>
> Fair enough, but second one said "No hardware in stock, you;ll have to wait more than the usual 3/4 days". This means the earliest I'm likely to get my hardware is next week.
>
> However, I'll already have paid for a weeks service (at least) by that point - I think this is somewhat unfair as I can't use it until I get the hardware!
>
> Perhaps the payment should only be taken once the hardware is sent out?

Thats just not good enough, surely the 7 to 10 days while BT are connecting us is ample time to sort out stock levels.
They know when we place our order which of the 3 modems we have chosen so it should'nt be hard to work out.
Out of interest how long did it take for your connection to come through?

N/A

RE: when

> > Got two emails today. First one said "your line is now activated and we'll take £22.99 from you and hardware will be despatched."
> >
> > Fair enough, but second one said "No hardware in stock, you;ll have to wait more than the usual 3/4 days". This means the earliest I'm likely to get my hardware is next week.
> >
> > However, I'll already have paid for a weeks service (at least) by that point - I think this is somewhat unfair as I can't use it until I get the hardware!
> >
> > Perhaps the payment should only be taken once the hardware is sent out?
>
> Thats just not good enough, surely the 7 to 10 days while BT are connecting us is ample time to sort out stock levels.
> They know when we place our order which of the 3 modems we have chosen so it should'nt be hard to work out.
> Out of interest how long did it take for your connection to come through?
>
>
About time someone from plusnet started to answer these questions.

Also time they got off their a**e and started to send some hardware when the cash is taken.

Take a monthly payment before you even get the bloody hardware and before you can even check if it even works, no way, seems like all they want is to get a bit of interest on our cash before you cancel in frustration.

This is not the way to treat prospective customers.

--
Reset
N/A

RE: when

> > Got two emails today. First one said "your line is now activated and we'll take £22.99 from you and hardware will be despatched."
> >
> > Fair enough, but second one said "No hardware in stock, you;ll have to wait more than the usual 3/4 days". This means the earliest I'm likely to get my hardware is next week.
> >
> > However, I'll already have paid for a weeks service (at least) by that point - I think this is somewhat unfair as I can't use it until I get the hardware!
> >
> > Perhaps the payment should only be taken once the hardware is sent out?
>
> Thats just not good enough, surely the 7 to 10 days while BT are connecting us is ample time to sort out stock levels.
> They know when we place our order which of the 3 modems we have chosen so it should'nt be hard to work out.
> Out of interest how long did it take for your connection to come through?
>
>

From initial sign up (24 Aug) to confirmation of activation (9 Sep) was 2 weeks. BUT that included a bank holiday and the setting up of direct debit. The actual time it took BT was just over 1 week as the order went to them on 30 August.

Up until yesterday I was happy with the service, but after receiving that 2nd email I'm not overly impressed.
N/A

RE: when

Sorry to here all you lot have to wait for new stock, I gather you all wanted the pci modem, so they may have stocks of usb one en :-) coss me wants a usb one.;-)
But im still waiting for asdl to be set up.
I ordered it on 30th aug and so 10 working days is up on 11 sep and then 3 days for postage, and a nother 5 days coss it gets lost in the post and 7 more days till i get back from working away, not forgetting ill probaly have a power cut that lasts for days ect ect ect :-(

N/A

RE: when

I ordered it too on the 30th of August. Last saterday the voice quality of my phone like become degraded, so I figured that my line must of been adsl enabled. Waited a few days for plus.net to get back to me to tell me that everythings been set up, but today I got tired. Phoned BT to ask them whether my line had indeed been adsl enabled, they told me what I suspected, which was that its been enabled since saterday (07/09/2002). So I rang up plus.net customer support, was on hold for 20mins, before being fobbed off with "well bt haven't got back to us and your not on our list", asked if someone would contact BT to confirm that my line had been enabled, and got given a vague answer telling me that a note would be posted telling someone to look into it. No confirmation of when. So it means that I have to put up with a dodgy phone line until someone from plus.net contacts BT. Its damn annoying trying to phone someone at the minute because I haven't got the splitters so all I hear is crackling...
I'm serious thinking of paying a bit more extra and moving to a different broadband isp.