cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whats going on??

N/A

whats going on??

it has just taken me an hour to get this far!! my broadband is currently running at 19 kbps!!!! fed up had to ring pn cos couldn't get on pn pages at all! they said it is the telephone exchange experiencing problems!! when i rang bt they know nothing!!! arghh!! any way thinking of switching to dial up the speed would be much better!! :shock: Cry oh i feel better for having a good moan :lol:
14 REPLIES
brad
Grafter

whats going on??

Hi there,

I can't see anything wrong with your account but what results do you get from the BT Speedtest Website.

Let us know what that says.
N/A

whats going on??

hi, well its just taken me yet another hour to get on here!! Evil and tried to do a speed test on bt! what a perforance with zero speed!! it said: test error, unexpected result received when querying the network to find your services connection details. please try again shortly,(which i did) , but if this problem persists raise this issue with your service provider. Sad I have checked all connections and cables i even tried a brand new router to see if it was that! i'm definatly no expert! Cry i'll try the bt speed test again if it lets me! may take a while to get back on again! carly x
N/A

whats going on??

now bt say: the ip address discovered on the network associated with phone number does not match the one logged from browser/connection check number and try again and contact cp!!? what? things are really playing up? still really bad slow speed oh i'm pulling my hair out Evil . does anyone have any clues for me? in easy terms please?Huh
brad
Grafter

whats going on??

Hi,

BT Speedtester is by far the most useful but if you give us results from another Broadband speed test such as this one, we will be able to have a look at this for you.
holdtight
Grafter

whats going on??

Can you post the line stats from your router for us to look at ?

Ive just tried that speed tester and it seems ok results here but the BT test is more thorough and if you can keep trying and get at least one test done it will be logged for fault checking purposes by both BT and plusnet
N/A

whats going on??

don't know what has happened but am now running at 2.20 mbps!!!that is a hell of alot faster! maybe bt have fixed a fault i don't care cos i have my internet back. thanks for your time will be back if i have any more problems!!x :lol: :lol: Wink
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

whats going on??

Thats great news, nothing has changed on your account from here so may have just been a temporary exchange/line fault or something completely random.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Same problem

I've been having the same problems.
The Data rate on my router varied between 4M (normal), 2M and 5M.

The actual speed was < 512k.

I have Sky on another line and that reported 3M but with a similarly low speed. BT must be doing something at the exchanges.

Probably installing packet-shaping stuff just to annoy us.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

whats going on??

Hi reflect,

Your slow speeds aren't caused by traffic shaping, BT reduced your IP profile down to 500. This has since lifted back to 1500 and is not something we can directly affect.
This speed is worked out from your sync speed. I would advise reading this thread for more information on how MaxDSL works.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

But Why

Why do they do this?

We are paying for a service and not getting it.

512k is rubbish. 1.5M is just about acceptable.

I have had 3 months of great speeds and suddenly they take it away. Can I pay for a better speed?
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

whats going on??

Unfortunately not, this is the nature and design of MaxDSL. As long as your internal wiring is ok and you have done all the testing then raise this as a fault for us to look at.

[Moderator's note by Jonathan (chillypenguin): URL tag fixed.]
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

PLUSNET CRAP PREMIER BB.

plusnet premier what a joke.i now pay more for less,can't wait to be released from this contract.speed checkers say it is under performing (less than isdn 128k)i now realise how good my previouse sp was. plusnet helpdesk wast of time even there speed test said its slow yet there way out is to say its within bt limits ha ha ha, i am a bt engineer and i can tell you its NOT.very very fedup wish i had not bothered with this lot
N/A

whats going on??

Please can you post the results of a BT Speedtest (help here) and your router stats.

Does the IP Profile reported by the SpeedTester match the connection profile for your account reported here?

Help for router stats on models sold by PlusNet can be found here.

Help for many other common models can be found here.

Have you read this tutorial to see if your internal wiring can be optimised to increase speed?

Have you performed a Quiet Line test by dialling 17070 and selecting option two? If you can hear any hissing, buzsing or beeping then this may be the cause of your fault. Move your phone to the test socket, change your filter, and try again. If you can still hear noise then this is a line fault and you need to report this to BT by dialling 150.

If none of the above work then raise a speed fault at faults.plus.net
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

whats going on??

@adamlou

As you are a BT engineer I assume you have checked all the wiring in your premises and tested using a different filter?

The speed dropped on the 20th, did you make any changes to electrical equipment around this time? As others have said the profile is not set by us, it is set directly by the BTw equipment at the exchange so unless the problem is resolved you will get the same speeds with any ISP as they use the same line and equipment.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team