cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whats a month in view my usage?

N/A

I am not paying up front for any additional bandwidth.
Does anyone know over what month the usage is calculated?
is it from the first to last days, a specific date or the 'anniversary' of my connection.
this months view starts on 13/09, and ends on 06/10, and this isnt a whole month. I'm already 1.11Gb over, so I now want to estimate, but can't. Do I need to go to the last day (30/09) of this month or 06/10 before the counter is reset?
My previous figures are listed starngely:
aug-sep
aug-aug
jul-aug
this implies the period straddles the calender month, but aug-aug must be less than a month.
Its confusing and not explained anywhere I can see.
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

It uses your billing month not your calender month. The period is shown at the top of the VMU page next to summary.

The previous months (billing periods) are not always shown correctly due to a bug in the summary feature which will hopefully be fixed soon.
N/A

OK, I see that now, but how can you say (as it tells me) that monday 13th september to wednesday 06th October is a month? its 24 days.
Moreover if I pay for additional bandwidth, say 4Gb you're not giving me a month to use it.
Might this be due to my regrade recently. My next bill date is 7/10.
Does this mean my ysage will be calculated from 7th month to 6th of the next in future?
Community Veteran

OK, I see that now, but how can you say (as it tells me) that monday 13th september to wednesday 06th October is a month? its 24 days.

What are you looking at that shows you this?
Moreover if I pay for additional bandwidth, say 4Gb you're not giving me a month to use it.

I don't work for plusnet so I'm not giving you anything. Whenever you change your inclusive bandwidth allowance, it does not come into effect umtil your next billing date anyway.
Might this be due to my regrade recently.

Possibly.
My next bill date is 7/10.
Does this mean my ysage will be calculated from 7th month to 6th of the next in future?

Yes. As far as I know changing packages does not change your billing period.

VMU uses your billing period and it i that period that your usage is calculated within.
Brickinit
Grafter

i have to say it does look a bit confusing as antrim says. looking at mine i can only asume this is how it is.

sept-sept :- means from the first of sept to my upgrade on the 24th

sept-sept :- means usage since upgrade

aug-sept :- means usage from 1st aug - 1st sept

Sep-Sep 0.8GB

Sep-Sep 0.05GB

Aug-Sep 0.94GB

[/img]
Community Veteran

I don't thing regrading or switching packages should make any difference to what is displayed. It should just show details of the last 3 billing periods, which it does not.

Nothing has changed I my account and I get:

Aug-Aug 0.09GB

Jul-Aug 3.93GB

Jul-Jul 0.1GB

None of which represents anything like what I used.
csogilvie
Grafter

Changing packages to one thats more expensive doesn't change your billing date. Changing packages t o one that is cheaper may change your billing date (I think if its a regrade rather than included bandwidth)
Brickinit
Grafter

i got notice when i changed to 2mb that my vmu would be reset as of the 24th sept so i can only assume that is what has happened most other peoples seem to go back as far as july where as mine only goes back as far as august