cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what the?broadband cuts off every time

N/A

oj im really annoyed,im no novice to computers and have ordered plus.net easy start i recieved the modem set it up but..
the drivers off the disc refused to install saying that the adaptor(the 2nd on the installation list)failed to install.i tried reinstalling and evry time it got to a certain point and stopped for 10mins and then continued.so in the end i used windows xp add hardware in control panel to install the drivers form the files on the diac which they installed succesfully.
so then i recieved a email saying that adsl had been installed very excited so tried downloading sumfin(after setting the modem up )very pleased with the initial spd 60kb/s then it fell dramatically then stopping,the modem refused to disconect via the little webpage thing on desktop ,nofin worked except going bak to dial up,this sucks.anyway i rebooted and the broadband worked again until i downloaded again ,it stopped working.and then rebooted again again it worked for 5 mins or i download sumfin.i have windows xp sp1 professional.now this is a 1 year contract but if it wasnt id be out of here straight away i dont expect this with adsl.the modem is connected to the usb corectly and the pwr and adsl lights are on.now WHY THE HELL DOESNT IT WORK!!!!!!!i think its the drivers but y i cant get them to work for carp.i want answers plus.net.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

i want answers plus.net.

Have you called support or raised a ticket on your account?

There are any number of reasons for a problem like this, they are usually caused by problems with your computer or driver issues from the modem.

Best thing I would suggest is uninstalling the software completely, remove the hardware, reboot. Check everything has definatly dispaeared. Reboot again.
Reinstall software. Reconnect hardware.

Chris
N/A

done that the drivers just refuse to install even the first time i tried to install them i dont want to use the tickets as the ppl ure talkin to have no idea wat ure talkin about.
Community Veteran

You have not said what your modem make/model is and how you connect it to your PC. If it's a binatone has it 2 (old model) or 3 (new model) lights on it.

If it's a USB modem, are you plugging it into a USB 1.1 or USB 2.0 socket.

Also do you know what chipset is being used on your motherboard? and have you installed the latest chipset drivers for it?
N/A

its the binatone with 3 lights,im connecting it to usb 1 the motherboard is very old its a ms-6167 with the latest chipset drivers i can find but i cant see how this would affect this as most my friends dont touch drivers especially chipset drivers dont think they even know wat one is and theyre cmputers are older than mine and theyre modems usb pci they work fine.