cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what speed is llu curently using

Community Veteran

Are those customers presently with llu providers on a top speed of upto 8mb 16 or 24mb.

Are the llu providers setting people up on adsl or adsl2+

As a payg if upgraded, I believe that my line speed wil move to an upto 24mb connection.

Are these speeds currently being rolled out on the llu deal or is the 8mb speed still the max on llu dsl.

I trust someone on the fourm has a llu connection working and can provide feedback :-)

A
4 REPLIES
N/A

as far as I know, all the plusnet LLU connections are still 8meg. Most if not all Tiscali LLU exchanges have the ADSL2/2+ equipment so potentially it is just a case of flicking the switch to the higher speeds (when the market says so, that is) Wink
Community Veteran

So those on payg, premier 2 and permier 3 if on llu exchanges could potenially have the faster speeds now. Would it be a PN decision to improve such customers to the higher advertised upto speeds or would they be reliant on tiscalli doing it for their own llu cutomers at the same time. if llu is provided by tisscali whloesale then surely it would be pn's choice?

I know tiscalli would need to do the work but would it be that PN ustomers could be on upto 16 and 24 and tiscalli customers still on 8mb

Who would decided? Will PN be restricting llu customers to 8mb for near future or letting full speed rip?

A
Community Veteran

My understanding is PN need to meet the min number of LLU connections before Tiscali will enable the higher speeds, they also need to have enough connections on each exchange before it is economic to do so. So it may be enabled on an exchange by exchange basis rather than all LLU lines I suspect.
Community Veteran

With every advance there are more loops to jump through :?
Maxdsl, disconections, reduced speeds for some, Evil
LLU, long periods of no connection when 1st moved, reportedly poor support to get you back online and now restrictions on llu speed increases dependant on the number of PN LLU customers on your exchange. :twisted:

It seams a good way to get customers in by advertising upto 24 only for it not to be given as there are only x number of people on you pn exchange on LLU upto 16 or 24 products. :roll:

Fallen for it this time, maybe I should look at BE or Easynet.

A